Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

skootles

Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

Post by skootles »

Saw this post from one of the Moranas on Facebook, but it looks like you'll now be able to order cases of Keep6's products online now:
We are happy to announce that Keep6 Imports will now provide Ontario consumers a new beer buying experience - an online beer shop. This will allow the opportunity to access beers that are not regularly available through LCBO retail outlets and the Beer Store. The starting lineup will include offerings from Dieu Du Ciel! (Montreal, Quebec), Le Trou du Diable (Shawinigan, Quebec), Les Trois Mosquestaires (Brossard, Quebec), and Stillwater Artisanal (Brooklyn, NY). In the upcoming months, our goal is to offer beers from all breweries in our portfolio and release seasonal and/or specialty brews exclusively through this online shop.

For a full product listings of available beers visit:www.keep6imports.com/shop

How It Works: http://www.keep6imports.com/how-it-works/

Our products can also be found at bars and restaurants here: http://www.keep6imports.com/findbeer.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Yay for embracing technology!

Boo for still being stuck picking up at the LCBO warehouse! (Yes I know the Toronto store transfer restriction is an LCBO thing. If I can get a single bottle of wine transferred, why not a case of beer?!?!)
lister

Keep6 Imports

Post by Keep6 Imports »

Hi Lister,

Just to clarify, you cannot get a single bottle of any alcoholic product transferred or processed through LCBO Specialty Services. The minimum is one case for beer, wine and spirits. Im unsure if there is a loop hole for "wine clubs" but this is not the case for beer unfortunately. We recommend splitting a case with friends and family or bringing up the regulation with your local MP.

For what its worth, picking up at the LCBO Specialty Services Warehouse is a bit smoother now with their new system. We send you a pick up ID code, you present to front desk and the dock brings out your case. We are hopeful by Spring to have our own delivery service in the downtown core. Because we are not permitted to hold product outside of LCBO warehouse (ie. In our own licensed warehouse or office), the LCBO Specialty Services Warehouse is the only pick up option for Toronto consumers.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
KEEP6 IMPORTS
Imported Goods

http://keep6imports.com
info@keep6imports.com
@keep6imports on Twitter

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Must be some other part of the LCBO then (I'm not part of a wine club.) I definitely remember ordering online a single bottle of wine and having it transferred to a store of my choice. I've done the same with a case of three bottles of wine too.

Probably Vintages special treatment. Tiered treatment of booze, mind boggling.

Anyways, it's great you've got a web site up. Hopefully more agents follow suit and somehow the LCBO smartens up, tall hopes of course but at least in this regard I hope.
lister

Steve

Post by Steve »

I have ordered wine through the LCBO Classics program and had these individual bottles shipped to a store of my choosing.
This could be what you are thinking of.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Totally getting a case of Stillwater Classique when it's available. Interested in a few others too. If anyone's in my area and looking for someone to split on something let me know what.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I'm just waiting for that 3F to have stock.

Keep6, if you're looking for unsolicited feedback, a "notify me when there's stock" feature would be a welcome addition.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Craig wrote:Keep6, if you're looking for unsolicited feedback, a "notify me when there's stock" feature would be a welcome addition.
Yes please!

skootles

Post by skootles »

Craig wrote:I'm just waiting for that 3F to have stock.

Keep6, if you're looking for unsolicited feedback, a "notify me when there's stock" feature would be a welcome addition.
This x1000

I signed up for their newsletter too, hopefully they send out emails when they get new stuff in stock too.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

skootles wrote:
Craig wrote:I'm just waiting for that 3F to have stock.

This x1000

I signed up for their newsletter too, hopefully they send out emails when they get new stuff in stock too.
They say the newsletter is currently the best way to be appraised of stock.

Keep6 Imports

Post by Keep6 Imports »

Hey Guys,

Definitely looking into setting up stock notifications. For now the best way to follow what gets released is through instagram, facebook or twitter. @keep6imports

Cheers,
KEEP6 IMPORTS
Imported Goods

http://keep6imports.com
info@keep6imports.com
@keep6imports on Twitter

MeltedOzark

Post by MeltedOzark »

I would be very interested in getting in on a case split of 3F and Moralité. I'm sure this will be a hit for Bar Towelers.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

mmmmm, Golden Blend.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Automatic

Post by Automatic »

I really love this service.

I picked up a case of Dulcis Succubus in December and just placed my second order for a case of Gose Gone Wild and a DDC Rosee D'hibiscus this morning.

Hopefully there will be a constant stream of interesting new beers added in the months ahead.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Automatic wrote:I really love this service.

I picked up a case of Dulcis Succubus in December and just placed my second order for a case of Gose Gone Wild and a DDC Rosee D'hibiscus this morning.

Hopefully there will be a constant stream of interesting new beers added in the months ahead.
Agreed. Order a case of L'our in Jan and had a relatively easy pick up at the warehouse. Just ordered a case of SW Classique for delivery to Elmira. My only real issue is not knowing production and/or best before dates, however I'm happy ordering beers I don't think this is an issue with.

Overall, great beers, easy checkout, good service. Highly recommended.