Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

For all discussion relating to private or consignment orders.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

User avatar
FEUO
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:32 pm
Location: dirty south

Re: Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

Postby FEUO » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:57 am

Still waiting on my case of Gose Gone Wild. Anyone else waiting for their local LCBO to contact them?
User avatar
MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Woolwich, ON
Contact:

Re: Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

Postby MatttthewGeorge » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:14 am

Have you gone to your local and asked?

I went into my local just to tell them two cases were coming. They said "oh you're Matthew George. There's no phone number on the packing slip and your address is wrong." Indeed they were correct: no phone number, no email, Toronto listed instead of Elmira.

I emailed Keep6 to let them know but didn't hear anything. Granted I emailed on the day 3F went live so it may have gotten lost in the chaos.
untappd/tweetbox/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1622
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

Postby Craig » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:16 am

BakaGaijin wrote:
ckoop wrote:Saw this tweet today. It's funny that this sold out in seconds, when it sat on Premier Gourmet's shelf for months! Quite a nice price break too compared to the $24.99 premier had it for! Would've been cool to grab a case, but work got in the way!


This Beer turds it up on shelves all over the States for around $25.


In fairness, the States probably gets more than 15 cases.1

Plus there are competing beers on shelves in the states.
User avatar
FEUO
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:32 pm
Location: dirty south

Re: Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

Postby FEUO » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:18 pm

MatttthewGeorge wrote:Have you gone to your local and asked?

I went into my local just to tell them two cases were coming. They said "oh you're Matthew George. There's no phone number on the packing slip and your address is wrong." Indeed they were correct: no phone number, no email, Toronto listed instead of Elmira.

I emailed Keep6 to let them know but didn't hear anything. Granted I emailed on the day 3F went live so it may have gotten lost in the chaos.

So happens I got a call today.
I'd rather let the system work per Keep6's instructions (2-5 weeks) and only start inquiring after 5 weeks.

All good now. Instills some confidence going forward.
User avatar
Alpha10
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:14 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

Postby Alpha10 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:36 pm

Really annoyed that I missed out on the 3F release. Anyone willing to part ways with a couple bottles will be more than fairly compensated. PM if interested.
User avatar
El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1389
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Downtown TO / Galapagos Islands
Contact:

Re: Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

Postby El Pinguino » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:52 pm

Alpha10 wrote:Really annoyed that I missed out on the 3F release. Anyone willing to part ways with a couple bottles will be more than fairly compensated. PM if interested.


By the sounds of it...even if you were ready for it at launch time....you would have been lucky to get a case.
User avatar
Alpha10
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:14 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

Postby Alpha10 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:13 pm

El Pinguino wrote:
Alpha10 wrote:Really annoyed that I missed out on the 3F release. Anyone willing to part ways with a couple bottles will be more than fairly compensated. PM if interested.


By the sounds of it...even if you were ready for it at launch time....you would have been lucky to get a case.


Most certainly, but I would have felt better (if only in my head) about a 0.1% chance of success vs a 0% chance of success.
User avatar
El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1389
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Downtown TO / Galapagos Islands
Contact:

Re: Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

Postby El Pinguino » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:54 pm

FYI people are already posting this beer for trade on facebook.
User avatar
admviolin
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

Postby admviolin » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:55 pm

Just wanted to post a quick note about what a great experience I had with keep6. A few days ago I placed an order. Within two days, I got a notification that the order was ready.
Today I went to the LCBO warehouse...everyone there was super nice and I was out within 20 minutes.

Well done guys!
User avatar
El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1389
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Downtown TO / Galapagos Islands
Contact:

Re: Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

Postby El Pinguino » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:21 pm

admviolin wrote:Just wanted to post a quick note about what a great experience I had with keep6. A few days ago I placed an order. Within two days, I got a notification that the order was ready.
Today I went to the LCBO warehouse...everyone there was super nice and I was out within 20 minutes.

Well done guys!


Nice...I've never done a private / consignment order for stuff already here....have only done orders months in advance. I'll have to keep watch on the Keep6 site a little closer to see when stuff I want is available.
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2231
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

Postby spinrsx » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:33 am

anyone that had 3F golden blend shipped to a local lcbo receive their beer yet?
sprague11
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1902
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:37 pm
Location: Newmarket, ON

Re: Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

Postby sprague11 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:25 pm

Had an absolute nightmare picking up my 3f case at the warehouse last week. Almost a 2 hour frigging wait.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1622
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

Postby Craig » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:11 pm

For what it's worth, k6 advise you to let them know in advance when you want to get your beer and they'll arrange to have it ready for you, because they know the warehouse can be brutal for waits.

It can also be fine. I was out of there in 15 minutes.
sprague11
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1902
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:37 pm
Location: Newmarket, ON

Re: Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

Postby sprague11 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:38 pm

I did all that as I knew exactly when I was going to be downtown and still waited forever. At least 9 people came and left after I gave them my slip of paper at the receiving area and after 1 hour they brought me somebody else's case of beer, then I waited another 50 minutes for them to find the proper case. All while I had my daughter with me.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1622
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Keep6 Imports opens online bottle shop

Postby Craig » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:54 am

That's brutal. It's a shame they won't ship to local LCBOs in Toronto. One of the few ways we city folk suffer compared to the rest of the province.

Return to “Private Ordering”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest