Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Esprit Agencies

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

MaxPower

Esprit Agencies

Post by MaxPower »

Hey guys,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster... Has any one had problems ordering through Esprit Agencies?

I placed an order for a case of Achel Blond (paid upfront as well) in mid-April and it did not arrive so I contacted Peter, who resent the order, but it's been another three weeks and no dice...

I work at the LCBO so I know the case is not collecting dust in some corner.

Has anybody face any similar issues?

Cadbury102

Post by Cadbury102 »

I've ordered from Peter 3-4 times and never had an issue. Sounds like a frustrating situation.

MaxPower

Post by MaxPower »

Phew... I was a bit worried that he wasn't legit. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Yeah he's legit, I've had friends order stuff from him.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

i've ordered from him a # of times.
communication isn't his strongpoint, but he and his wife are legit. their business address is their home, so they aren't hiding in the shadows.
he also posts on here (in)frequently.

call him again. leave a message.

as an aside, i've never paid in advance for his orders. that's a first.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I'd also send him a PM here as well. He does lurk here and reads posts.

You will track him down eventually.

MaxPower

Post by MaxPower »

Peter sent me an email today. He's doing a trace to see where the case of Achel went... Thanks guys!

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Why are you posting here. I reply to you, I tell you what is going on. I've been doing this for 27 years now and have hundreds of satisfied customers. It is your employer that has screwed up so don't blame me. Perhaps 1 out of every 200 orders has a problem and the problem is never me...it's the LCBO losing the product. And to the person who has never paid in advance, this gentlemen is out of town so we're transferring to an LCBO store and such orders must be prepaid in Toronto so I need payment in advance. Hope that clarifies things for everyone. Any one wanting a copy of our current list, please e-mail me at espritagencies@sympatic.ca. We've got some great new sours in and more to come shortly...lambics never before seen in Canada.

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

esprit wrote:Why are you posting here. I reply to you, I tell you what is going on. I've been doing this for 27 years now and have hundreds of satisfied customers. It is your employer that has screwed up so don't blame me. Perhaps 1 out of every 200 orders has a problem and the problem is never me...it's the LCBO losing the product. And to the person who has never paid in advance, this gentlemen is out of town so we're transferring to an LCBO store and such orders must be prepaid in Toronto so I need payment in advance. Hope that clarifies things for everyone. Any one wanting a copy of our current list, please e-mail me at espritagencies@sympatic.ca. We've got some great new sours in and more to come shortly...lambics never before seen in Canada.
Wow.
Quite the pissy response. He was asking a legitimate question about people's history ordering product through your service. Whats the big deal?
You are acting like he is accusing you of taking his money and running, which he is not.
Personally I will not be buying anything from you or through you based on your poor response.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

esprit wrote:Why are you posting here.
Why *shouldn't* he be?

If you are worried he's besmirching your name, don't. You just did way worse than he ever could have.

You even had people in here supporting you; it was the perfect setup to demonstrate, publicly, your professionalism and respect for your clients. You responded like a grumpy bastard who doesn't want to be in the business. Which is good, considering I have no intention of dealing with someone so spectacularly clueless in 2016.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

FEUO wrote:
esprit wrote:Why are you posting here. I reply to you, I tell you what is going on. I've been doing this for 27 years now and have hundreds of satisfied customers. It is your employer that has screwed up so don't blame me. Perhaps 1 out of every 200 orders has a problem and the problem is never me...it's the LCBO losing the product. And to the person who has never paid in advance, this gentlemen is out of town so we're transferring to an LCBO store and such orders must be prepaid in Toronto so I need payment in advance. Hope that clarifies things for everyone. Any one wanting a copy of our current list, please e-mail me at espritagencies@sympatic.ca. We've got some great new sours in and more to come shortly...lambics never before seen in Canada.
Wow.
Quite the pissy response. He was asking a legitimate question about people's history ordering product through your service. Whats the big deal?
You are acting like he is accusing you of taking his money and running, which he is not.
Personally I will not be buying anything from you or through you based on your poor response.
lies.
you inevitably buy his stuff that's at the LCBO.

guys, not defending Esprit. but we have one of these threads every year or so. Peter's Peter. he's not a pissy guy in person. he's direct and to the point. these threads always go in the same direction. someone saying somethign negative about Peter, Peter replying and his reply doing more damage, then people crapping on him for his abrasiveness.

just let it go. don't drink Orval or Rodenbach if it pains you that much to deal with him.

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

atomeyes wrote:
FEUO wrote:
Wow.
lies.

guys, not defending Esprit. but we have one of these threads every year or so. Peter's Peter. he's not a pissy guy in person. he's direct and to the point. these threads always go in the same direction. someone saying somethign negative about Peter, Peter replying and his reply doing more damage, then people crapping on him for his abrasiveness.

just let it go. don't drink Orval or Rodenbach if it pains you that much to deal with him.
PLEASE point out where someone was saying negative about Peter (before he responded)? A legitimate question about the Esprit experience from others was not negative.
Nice justification: "Peter's Peter". Sounds more like "a-holes being a-holes".

As for buying any of his list at the LCBO.... haven't bought any of that in years (save for R10) and have ZERO plans in the future.
If I am in the mood for any of that its readily available on shelves all over Michigan.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

FEUO wrote: PLEASE point out where someone was saying negative about Peter (before he responded)? A legitimate question about the Esprit experience from others was not negative.
Nice justification: "Peter's Peter". Sounds more like "a-holes being a-holes".

As for buying any of his list at the LCBO.... haven't bought any of that in years (save for R10) and have ZERO plans in the future.
If I am in the mood for any of that its readily available on shelves all over Michigan.
like i said, this always happens. and yes, your summary of my justification isn't far off. Peter's just not the best, in my opinion, on this forum.

and buying Peter's line of beer in Michigan costs more even before exchange. we both know that. LCBO keeps those prices low.

instantkamera

Post by instantkamera »

atomeyes wrote: lies.
Well, this is the Private Order sub, so it's kind of implied that we might be talking about that. Just because Rogers owns all the infrastructure doesn't mean I have to do business directly with them.

Secondly, there are people here (some of whom you are directly addressing) that rarely (if ever) shop at the LCBO. It's weird to assume that everyone is spineless and just full of empty threats.
guys, not defending Esprit.
Wait for it ...
Peter's Peter. he's not a pissy guy in person. he's direct and to the point.
... There it is. This sounds like *three* ways of excusing poor behaviour. Which of these applies to his post above?
we have one of these threads every year or so.
This should make you think twice about continuing this conversation in defence of rude customer service.
these threads always go in the same direction. someone saying somethign negative about Peter,
Where did that happen here?
Peter replying and his reply doing more damage, then people crapping on him for his abrasiveness.
At least that part seems consistent. Which, again, would make the average person think twice.
It makes me really sad to see consumers attacking or policing other consumers (over a valid complaint). You don't realize that in the grand scheme of things, you're only hurting yourself.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

instantkamera wrote: It makes me really sad to see consumers attacking or policing other consumers (over a valid complaint). You don't realize that in the grand scheme of things, you're only hurting yourself.
i think i'll be ok. thanks.