Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Private Order

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Private Order

Post by esprit »

The LCBO has put a hold on most Consignment orders so we’re going to have to do some private orders to get any beer here in the short term. I will be ordering the following within the next few days. Sorry for the short notice but the bulk of the order will be for licensees and we need to get these orders on the road a.s.a.p.. We anticipate getting this stock at various times between end of March and mid-April. Upon receipt, we'll contact you with the final price (prices will be comparable to what you've seen from us before). If you're local you will pick up from me in west-end Toronto and pay by cash or cheque. If you're out of town, we'll contact you with the amount, arrange for payment and then transfer the case(s) to the LCBO store of your choice.

Please include your full name, home address, telephone number and the LCBO store location if you're out of town. DEADLINE FOR THESE ORDERS IS MIDNIGHT, MARCH 7, 2006.

Those of you who had subscribed to the ROGUE order many moons ago, my apologies, but we could not get that one off the ground. Here's an opportunity to get 3 of their products and we 100% guarantee that this one's going through. We'll be looking at the rest of their portfolio in the next month or so to see if it'a viable to do another order.

Rochefort 6 24 x 330ml

Rochefort 8 24 x 330ml

Rochefort 10 24 x 330ml

Achel Blond (8) 24 x 330ml

Achel Bruin 24 x 330ml

Chimay Red Cap 24 x 330ml

Chimay White Cap 24 x 330ml

Chimay Blue Cap 24 x 330ml

Chimay Grande Reserve 12 x 750ml

Chimay Magnums 6 x 1500ml

Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar 12 x 650ml

Rogue Brutal Bitter 12 x 650ml

Rogue Chocolate Stout 12 x 650ml

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

...forgot to mention...espritagencies@sympatico.ca

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Peter, I see your recent update on Rochefort. Do you have an update on the Rogue (and Chimay Magnums)? I'm just wondering if your Mid April timeframe is still expected. Thank you.

Blankboy

Post by Blankboy »

tupalev wrote:Peter, I see your recent update on Rochefort.
Which update is that, I haven't seen anything?
"Everything's better with monkeys!"

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

I thought he mentioned elsewhere that he was having trouble with it, let me find the thread...

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

Peter, when you get the chance, could you let us know the status of the Rogue portion of this offering?

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

And the status of Chimay too please!

flip

Post by flip »

Peter,

Any updates on the status of the order?

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Finally, both the Chimay and Rogue orders have been placed but it was like pulling teeth to get the LCBO to put them through. Rogue is probably about 3 weeks away and Chimay about 4-5 weeks. Also, anyone who ordered Achel or Rochefort can look forward to them about 5-6 weeks from now. We apologize to all of our customers but our hands are tied. The LCBO claims to have severe space limitations for these orders and therefore cannot order them as we place the orders. The thought of expanding warehouse space is something that they are considering which means maybe 2 or 3 years from now. In the meantime, stock up on Estonian lager or your favourite Kazakhstani beer.

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

Thanks for the update & reason for the delay.

Cagiva650

Post by Cagiva650 »

Rogue Chocolate Stout and Chimay? Now you have my mouth watering!
I have been searching for more bottles of those on all my travels. The Chimay Ales seem to be more common than the Rogue products. I may have to fly to Oregon :)

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

esprit wrote: Estonian lager or your favourite Kazakhstani beer.
Ha! And what about the Kraplachastan Beer, people always to assume the 1.4 billion Euro Lagers are exactly same.

And it always Polish and Russian and Ukranian and Estoniadians hogging ALL shelf space. These people, I tell you Mr. Esprit, have never truly loved a goat in Kraplachistan herding village.
In Beerum Veritas

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Belgian wrote:
esprit wrote: Estonian lager or your favourite Kazakhstani beer.
Ha! And what about the Kraplachastan Beer, people always to assume the 1.4 billion Euro Lagers are exactly same.

And it always Polish and Russian and Ukranian and Estoniadians hogging ALL shelf space. These people, I tell you Mr. Esprit, have never truly loved a goat in Kraplachistan herding village.

he he he - As an Estonian without a real herd, all I can say is Estonians are better drinkers than brewers (unless you like mead). It comes with being rather lousy in all the nutritional arts (salt is a pretty exotic spice).

So have yourself a Saku so you can say you did and then move back to some good beer that is not in the generic Pseudo Bohemian mainstream tradtions that Eastern Europe has adopted to fit in to the world markets.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Tapsucker wrote:
he he he - As an Estonian without a real herd, all I can say is Estonians are better drinkers than brewers.
Yes better drinkers but also pretty darn good at performing yoga while drinking.