Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Hair of the Dog Private Order

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

Is LCBO #910 Queens Quay? If so, my Deposit went through on my Credit Card last night. I don't remember buying anything else on credit at the LCBO lately for $26.40, and that is 1/4 the cost of my case of Doggie Claws.
"If the Women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
-------
Please visit www.OHLPhotos.com & http://www.flickr.com/photos/55976115@N00/

flip

Post by flip »

My card also had the deposit taken off, dated Oct. 16, so the order must be going through.

No official response from Sylvia, though. But if they're processing deposits...

Al of Kingston

Post by Al of Kingston »

I also had a credit card charge processed by LCBO #910 Toronto on the 16th.

flip

Post by flip »

FYI: I just received an official response from Sylvia. As we suspected, the order was generated on October 16th.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

flip wrote:FYI: I just received an official response from Sylvia. As we suspected, the order was generated on October 16th.
excellent. glad to see this progressing. any idea when we might see this? as someone else mentioned, it'd be great to have it for the holidays, but i don't know if that's realistic.

flip

Post by flip »

grub wrote:
flip wrote:FYI: I just received an official response from Sylvia. As we suspected, the order was generated on October 16th.
excellent. glad to see this progressing. any idea when we might see this? as someone else mentioned, it'd be great to have it for the holidays, but i don't know if that's realistic.
There was no indication of how long it would take to get here. My guess is that it'll take about as long as The Great Divide order, so I doubt it'll be here before Christmas.

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

The LCBO also goes into Christmas mode in December so private orders take a much lower priority. I had to wait until January to receive some orders from Esprit last year even though Peter completed the paperwork very early in December. Not sure if this would affect people who can pick up at Queen's Quay.

So, I'm guessing it's either November or January.

flip

Post by flip »

I emailed Alan Sprints from HOTD to thank him for working with the LCBO for our order. He let me know that the beer will be ready on November 13th and that he has called a trucking company for shipping.

I'm reading that as "the beer is shipping on November 13th." That means the order could be ready for Christmas... :D

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

flip wrote:I'm reading that as "the beer is shipping on November 13th." That means the order could be ready for Christmas... :D
woohoo! that'd be sweet! keep us posted.

Russ

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Was it shipped? Was it shipped? Was it shipped???

flip

Post by flip »

I'm following a no news is good news mentality. I'm assuming it shipped... but I don't know for sure. I'm sure Alan would have emailed me otherwise.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

So if we assume a Nov.13th ship then there'll probably be a week for the shipment to travel, clear customs, arrive at the LCBO. Then there's probably a week or two for the product to actually show up at the consignment office...probably a few days extra for us to be notified.

That should potentially put the pick up date around December 7th....?

Even if there are other delays I think it's fairly likely the order will be available prior to the 24th??
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

emjay

Post by emjay »

Just got my mail... and it appears it's already ready to be picked up!

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

emjay wrote:Just got my mail... and it appears it's already ready to be picked up!
sweet! was that snail-mail or email? looking forward to this!

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

Can someone post the purchase order number when they have a chance? This will allow the out-of-towners to call into the cashiers desk to pay the balance and start the transfer process.