Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Hair of the Dog Private Order

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

got my snail mail today also! but they close at 4pm....... :cry: i'll have to wait till tomorrow.

the purchase order number i'm seeing on the papers here is 90283 R

hope that helps

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

inertiaboy wrote:Can someone post the purchase order number when they have a chance? This will allow the out-of-towners to call into the cashiers desk to pay the balance and start the transfer process.
Order number: 90283 R
Phone number: 1-800-668-5144

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

anyone who has received your mail, was the order correct? i ordered a case of each, and i don't see any ruth in my order (just rose, fred, adam, and doggie claws). ruth is the one i was least interested in. just wondering if anyone else has seen this. did they not get any ruth, or did it somehow go missing on mine? will give them a call tomorrow to inquire...

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Got the paperwork today. Mine is okay. (Didn't order Ruth though.)
lister

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

same here, my order is fine. but like lister. I didnt order any ruth either.

flip

Post by flip »

grub wrote:anyone who has received your mail, was the order correct? i ordered a case of each, and i don't see any ruth in my order (just rose, fred, adam, and doggie claws). ruth is the one i was least interested in. just wondering if anyone else has seen this. did they not get any ruth, or did it somehow go missing on mine? will give them a call tomorrow to inquire...
My order is also correct, but I didn't order ruth either. As a sanity check I double checked the info you sent me and you did say one case of everything and that's what I sent the LCBO in my summary.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

flip wrote:As a sanity check I double checked the info you sent me and you did say one case of everything and that's what I sent the LCBO in my summary.
yeah, i double checked what i faxed to them and it's definitely showing one of each, including a ruth. i'll call tomorrow and see what they say.

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

grub wrote:anyone who has received your mail, was the order correct? i ordered a case of each, and i don't see any ruth in my order (just rose, fred, adam, and doggie claws). ruth is the one i was least interested in. just wondering if anyone else has seen this. did they not get any ruth, or did it somehow go missing on mine? will give them a call tomorrow to inquire...
I don't see any Ruth on my invoice--and it's the only thing I ordered. My balance owing is negative, so if I'm reading the invoice correctly, all I'm getting from the LCBO is my deposit refunded and a case of sweet FA.

That sucks. I wonder what happened with the Ruth order?

Raisy

Post by Raisy »

I only ordered a case of Ruth and I haven't received any mail yet.

Blankboy

Post by Blankboy »

My order is also missing the Ruth.
"Everything's better with monkeys!"

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

Just called to pay for my order and they confirmed that there was no Ruth. No reason was given.

The number I had to call for the cashier was 416-864-6740 - couldn't reach the 1-800 number using Vonage.

Expected transfer time is about 3 weeks. They claim this will not be affected by the Christmas season.

emjay

Post by emjay »

Anybody know if they'll transfer cases to another store within the GTA (markham)?

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

emjay wrote:Anybody know if they'll transfer cases to another store within the GTA (markham)?
No, only outside the GTA. I had this problem when the Great Divide order came in while I was out of the country. Tried to buy a little time by shipping them to a store near my home to avoid the one month cut off. They wouldn't do it so I had to pay a "storage fee" when I got back and picked them up.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Al of Kingston

Post by Al of Kingston »

For the record, I am still waiting for my two cases to finish their crawl from Toronto to Kingston. At 13 days and 220 km and 24 hours a day (because beer never sleeps), they are moving slower than 77 metres an hour on average.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

Al the beerblogger wrote:At 13 days and 220 km and 24 hours a day (because beer never sleeps), they are moving slower than 77 metres an hour on average.
travelling via a herd of snails? that sounds pretty fast for snails... maybe there's a pair of swallows going back and forth, one bottle at a time?