Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Hair of the Dog Private Order

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

flip

Hair of the Dog Private Order

Post by flip »

I've heard back from Sylvia from the LCBO regarding a Private Order of Hair of the Dog: it is possible for us to make an order and I've been given a quote!

The minimum order size is 30 cases and the same LCBO rules apply as per the Great Divide order:
-No more than 5 cases of one product per person;
-A 25% deposit is required on all orders;
-I imagine the same licensee restriction applies.

Here's the estimated pricing on each item, including freight and taxes:

ADAM, FRED, and ROSE
-$100.80 per case of 24 x 355ml bottles

RUTH
-$66.00 per case of 24 x 355ml bottles.

DOGGIE CLAWS
-$105.60 per case of 24 x 355ml bottles

I suggest we do the following, which is similar to what we did for the Great Divide order and seemed to work well (Thanks inertiaboy for the template :D):

- By Tuesday September 26th at 7pm: Determine if you'd like to participate. If so, please post a follow-up message on this thread so that I can make sure that the minimum order amount can be met;
- By Wednesday September 27th at 7pm: If anyone wishes to bump up their order to reach the minimum then please post a follow-up message on this thread so that I can re-tally the numbers. If there is enough interest then...
- By Friday September 29th: Everyone should send in their order forms and deposits to LCBO private ordering. Please email me at hairofthedogorder at gmail dot com with your name, phone number, and quantities so that I can compile a list to forward to Sylvia so she knows what orders to expect in the mail (as per last time, the phone number will allow Sylvia to contact you if your order form does not arrive).
- to allow for mail delays, I will tell Sylvia to finalize the order on Friday, October 13th.

Forms for the order can be downloaded here. Thanks to intertiaboy for hosting, and to the others who offered to host the forms for me.
Last edited by flip on Wed May 16, 2007 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Al of Kingston

Post by Al of Kingston »

I am good for a case of Fred.

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

I'm good for a case of Claws.

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

I've posted the forms here.

Be sure to update the customer number (if you have one) and phone number fields in the order form.

Great work Flip! I think breweries are more receptive to these orders when they get to talk to the people they are actually selling to.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

One of Adam and one of Rose.
lister

emjay

Post by emjay »

Count me in for a case of Claws

hops are your friend

Post by hops are your friend »

I just joined recently so I don't know all the details of the previous private order but I'm interested in a case of Claws as long as I can get one here in Ottawa. Can someone confirm that it is possible to get the case sent to an LCBO up here? Otherwise, I'll be in Toronto the last weekend of November. Would that be a reasonable time frame for picking up the case there if it can't be sent here?

Thanks.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Nice! I am not in a position to take a case myself but if anyone needs help with the Fred, or Doggie Claws PM me and we can discuss.

Steve Spong

Post by Steve Spong »

mmm.... they all sound good. Probaby a case of the Claws, Fred, and Adam for me. Maybe also throw in a Ruth. I'm a starving student, but maybe I'll drink beer rather than eat for a few weeks! :lol:
"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

flip

Post by flip »

hops are your friend wrote:I just joined recently so I don't know all the details of the previous private order but I'm interested in a case of Claws as long as I can get one here in Ottawa. Can someone confirm that it is possible to get the case sent to an LCBO up here? Otherwise, I'll be in Toronto the last weekend of November. Would that be a reasonable time frame for picking up the case there if it can't be sent here?

Thanks.
The LCBO will ship your order to another LCBO location since you live outside of the GTA. It's just a matter of waiting a little longer...

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

hops are your friend wrote:Can someone confirm that it is possible to get the case sent to an LCBO up here?
Not a problem. It takes about 3-4 weeks (!!) to get the case transferred from TO once it arrives, but they will do so at no extra charge. If you get it transferred to the main store on Bank, you will save a few days since all cases go through there before they reach your local store.

hops are your friend

Post by hops are your friend »

inertiaboy wrote:
hops are your friend wrote:Can someone confirm that it is possible to get the case sent to an LCBO up here?
Not a problem. It takes about 3-4 weeks (!!) to get the case transferred from TO once it arrives, but they will do so at no extra charge. If you get it transferred to the main store on Bank, you will save a few days since all cases go through there before they reach your local store.
Thanks for the info. Is there an estimated delivery date to Toronto so I can decide whether to pick it up there (end of November, ideally at the Queens Quay LCBO) or get it sent to Ottawa?

Thanks again.

Note - I'm heading out of town tomorrow am but I'll be back Monday am to finalize my order.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

I'm in for a case each of; Adam, Fred, Doggie.

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

They have 2 barley wines, anyone know how they compare?

emjay

Post by emjay »

their other barley wine is 29% abv and very hard to get