Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cracked Kettle/private orders from Europe

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

Al the beerblogger wrote:I understand, especially in homebrewing competition circles that words like "malt product sample" are general descriptors that can be used. I once even received a small box of mini single malt Scotch bottles sent from Canada to Poland under the customs label description "variety kilt perfume".
i generally go with something similar to the folks on ebay. list it as "collectible glassware" on the customs forms, then include a note inside that says it's collectible glassware and not intended for human consumption. i've sent a bunch of stuff to/from the states with this method and it's worked great every time (knock wood). i've been told that this is exactly what belgianshop uses, and i've talked with people who have had boxes opened by customs and sent on when labeled like this. i'd still be nervous if they open it up, but at least with the above info you can claim that you're not really falsifying documents. :)

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

Robin - what was the user name of the seller you bought from on Ebay?
his user name is andrekofschip

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

Al the beerblogger wrote:"variety kilt perfume"
That's awesome! I've heard of many homebrewers who use "yeast samples in suspension".
Robin - what was the user name of the seller you bought from on Ebay?
The guy I used was Beerken22. He generally sells his stuff with a "buy it now" price.