Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brooklyn Brewery

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Shini, or whoever else
I'd be interested in half a case or so of Monster and/or Black Chocolat.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

I'd be willing to go splitsies too once the lager makes it to the LCBO so I can sample it. No more blind case buys...

I may also try one of the other Brooklyn beers at beerbistro during our Winterlicious dinner next week.
lister

crushinat0r

Post by crushinat0r »

I'm also interested in going splits on a case of two of whatever kind of beer. I'm mostly interested in the Chocolate variety, but will take what I can get.

So how do one sign up to get on this so called private order list? Or have I just done so? :D

J

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

crushinat0r wrote:So how do one sign up to get on this so called private order list? Or have I just done so? :D
There's no official list yet. I'm still waiting on a response from the LCBO Private Ordering department with details on prices, etc.

Once that comes though, a fresh thread will be started with full details on how to get in on the order.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

I did manage to get a try at the Brooklyn Chocolate Stout at Winterlicious last Friday during dessert. :o 10%... that made it tough to finish but I did get through 75% of it. Aphrodisiaque remains my fav.

Why the heck isn't the lager available yet at the LCBO?!
lister

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

lister wrote:I did manage to get a try at the Brooklyn Chocolate Stout at Winterlicious last Friday during dessert. :o 10%... that made it tough to finish but I did get through 75% of it.
the BCS really hits its stride after a couple years. fresh it's fairly rough around the edges, but a couple years in the cellar really makes it shine. this summer i had an 03/04 side by side with an 05/06, and the older bottle was clearly the winner. i'd love to get a bunch of this and forget about it for at least a couple years. i still have one of those 03/04's left too...

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

lister wrote:Why the heck isn't the lager available yet at the LCBO?!
It's starting to pop up at the bigger ones. Keep an eye out!

runes

Post by runes »

i need a job, or at least i need to go collect my OSAP!

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

Any news about this??

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

robinvboyer wrote:Any news about this??
Sorry, I've dropped the ball a bit on this one...

I did hear back from the LCBO a week or so back, and the prices they quoted where much higher than the estimates originally quoted to me by Fred at Fine Beers (i.e. more than double). They also didn't list all of the beers that Fred said should be available. I suspect that they might've contacted Brooklyn directly rather than going through him.

So, I need to get in touch with Fred (as well as Eric, the manager at Brooklyn who I met when he was up here with Garrett Oliver) to get this sorted out. Might take a while, but I want to make sure we're not getting hosed on this. More updates to follow as info becomes available...

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

Not to be a nag, but is there any news on this one?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

skaghevn wrote:Not to be a nag, but is there any news on this one?
Thanks for bringing this back - I thought that I'd made another post to the thread a few months back, but I guess I forgot, or it got eaten, or something.

Basically, I intended to say that I didn't have the time to continue playing the middle man on this one, and since Brooklyn has an agent in Ontario, it probably made the most sense for interested customers to contact them directly. Presumably, if enough people are interested to make an order worthwhile, the agent will do so.

The agent is Fine Beers Agency, who can be contacted at finebeers@sympatico.ca