Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

group in KW/Cambridge/Guelph area to split private orders

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Cool...are you still living in TO?
Moving to KW in a few weeks...

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

tupalev wrote:
Hello everyone,

We are the Agent for Bosteels, brewers of Pauwel Kwak, Tripel Karmeliet and DeuS Brut Des Flandres.

We are now accepting private orders for arrival this fall.

Should any like to place an order please email us at:
info@wineguyimports.com

Cheers!
Thanks for the info.

KW folks: I would be interested in a few bottles of each.

If there is enough interest to get at least a case of each, I can coordinate this one with this agent.

Jeff
I'm definitely down for some of that stuff.

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

I am still waiting on the Mikkeller, but the Pannepot arrived today (strange as the Mikkeller order was released 2 weeks or so earlier, and its now been 4+ weeks)

At this point I will wait on the Mikkeller to arrive, and we can look at meeting up at the castle then if that is easier for everyone.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

It makes sense to wait for both to arrive and then meet up, thanks for the update.

Jeff

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Sweet. Looking forward to the pannepot.

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

Still waiting on the Mikkeller to arrive. Its been about 6 weeks now, so I have the store manager trying to track down where it is.

This is the split for the Pannepot:

tupalev [5]
JesseM [2]
Jan Primus [5]
sphilp [2]
Kwailo [5]
wfeddern [5]

If I missed anyone let me know and I will redo the division. Still waiting on the Mikkeller to arrive before working out a day/time to meet up.

Beer Geek

Post by Beer Geek »

For those of you in KW, let me know if you are interested in any of the Southern Tier that has become available. I'd be happy to put this order in. Just PM me.

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

Beer Geek wrote:For those of you in KW, let me know if you are interested in any of the Southern Tier that has become available. I'd be happy to put this order in. Just PM me.
I would be interested in a bottle or two of the cherry saison to try.

They are still working on tracking down our Mikkeller order.

kmallett

Post by kmallett »

I'll be willing to split on some cases of Southern Tier if there's an order going in. Let me know.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Not in Kitchener but I go through weekly thanks to work - LMK

Beer Geek

Post by Beer Geek »

I haven’t had any replies other than the couple of posts on here. I have no interest in the Cherry Saison and therefore will only be purchasing one case of the Crème Brulee….assuming there are still some left.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

If you needed numbers, I would take a few bottles of the stout - I have had it and thought it was Ok but my wife loved it, so that is an easy sell :)

I actually really enjoyed the cherry saison, but not enough to purchase any more than the odd bottle once in a while in Buffalo...

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

Sadly it looks like an error at the LCBO has resulted in our Mikkeller order not being processed, and all stock is now gone. So this means we will need to wait for the next Mikkeller shipment to arrive.

I have the Pannepot in my possession now, so can arrange pickup with people either downtown Kitchener weekdays, or evenings/weekends in hespeler (north end of cambridge)

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

I am interested in some of the Brewdog Paradox. It works out to $6.71 per 330ml bottle in cases of 24.

I will take 6 bottles. I will assume that Kwailo will also be down for 6, so that is half way to case.

I am ok with placing the order again, or if someone else wants to handle this one, that would be great too.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

The BrewDog is a really nice treat, but also soemthing I would only have once in a while, I would be down for a few bottles max.

That's too bad about the Mikkeller but I am sure we will get another shot. I am in Waterloo now, so let me know if you would like to meet up at the castle some night for the beer/cash exchange. Otherwise I am usually available after 3pm so I can meet up in Kitchener or elsewhere...

Jeff