Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

group in KW/Cambridge/Guelph area to split private orders

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

xocoatl

group in KW/Cambridge/Guelph area to split private orders

Post by xocoatl »

I am in Cambridge, and while the many private and consignment orders coming available recently look great, in most cases a full case is more then I want (ok, I want them all, but can't afford it :)

Looking for some people interested in splitting some orders. I figure 6 people would be good, as that would split cases into 2-4 beers each depending on the case size.

For the first round, I would like to get the Mikeller IPA and Beer Geek Breakfast, which would come out to $30/person for 2x500ml of each beer.

In July we would do the same for the Southern Tier Creme Brule and cherry saison.

If interested let me know.

Illuminatus

Post by Illuminatus »

xocoatl wrote:I am in Cambridge, and while the many private and consignment orders coming available recently look great, in most cases a full case is more then I want (ok, I want them all, but can't afford it :)

Looking for some people interested in splitting some orders. I figure 6 people would be good, as that would split cases into 2-4 beers each depending on the case size.

For the first round, I would like to get the Mikeller IPA and Beer Geek Breakfast, which would come out to $30/person for 2x500ml of each beer.

In July we would do the same for the Southern Tier Creme Brule and cherry saison.

I'd be potentially interested in splitting some cases, given that someone volunteers to actually retrieve the cases of beer from Toronto, as I have no car. (And depending on what my job interview today results in. :P)

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

For people living outside of Toronto, you can have the LCBO ship private orders to a local LCBO near you.
lister

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

I would be looking at paying for the products in advance, then having them shipped to a local LCBO where I would pick them up and then arrange pickup with people (either in Cambridge evenings/weekends, or I work in downtown kitchener, so that would work weekdays).

People would then pay for their share when they do their pickup. That way no worries as money and beer changes hand at the same time.

Illuminatus

Post by Illuminatus »

Btw, you're not interested in the Jackie Brown? Personally, I'd most likely be in for any of the Mikkeller brews. Not so much for the Creme Brulee - I'm lactose intolerant. :P

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

The Jackie brown would be good to try too.

As far as timing, if we get enough people and I order in the next week or so when the jackie brown/IPA come available, they should be ready for pickup in about 3 weeks.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

You'll have to get back to me when the time is nearer for financial support, but you can consider me a possible contributor.

Beer Geek

Post by Beer Geek »

I'm in for sure xocoatl.

Illuminatus

Post by Illuminatus »

Job interview went well. At the very least, I'll be in for a couple bottles of the Beer Geek Breakfast. Likely more than that.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Im not in your local exactly, but Id contribute, as I make regular trips to your area.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Illuminatus

Post by Illuminatus »

Also: I'm definitely interested in the Struise Pannepot. Not sure if anyone else is, or what the price is.

sphilp

Post by sphilp »

I'm down in Brantford and definitely would be interested. Pannepot and Black Albert are high on my list, but will be quite expensive I think. Anything else you guys are interested in I'd likely contribute towards.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Once I get moved out to the area this Fall, I'll be in for stuff like this.

One thing I'll miss living in Toronto is living across the street from the Cooper St. private order pick up building :(

KwaiLo

Post by KwaiLo »

I am in for sure, but, then you knew that already. :)

Beer Geek

Post by Beer Geek »

xocoatl wrote:I am in Cambridge, and while the many private and consignment orders coming available recently look great, in most cases a full case is more then I want (ok, I want them all, but can't afford it :)

so how big is the group? Are we putting in an order of Mikeller? I got my order of ST Big Red last week so I should be good for a while, but I'm always thinking ahead :D