Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

ROGUE CHOCOLATE STOUT

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

ROGUE CHOCOLATE STOUT

Post by esprit »

We're looking to do an order of this product shortly as the LCBO has passed on it for 2 years now and we have demand from our pub clients. With the insane Canadian dollar it's hard to pinpoint a price right now but it will likely be in the range of $6-7 dollars per 650ml bottle in cases of 12. Likely to arrive in mid-January. Let me know if you're interested and quantities as the lab fee does impact final price based upon volume. At the same time, we'll look at orders for any Rogue products which we can piggyback on this order (see www.rogue.com). We would need a deposit of 25% of retail value from you to reserve stock.
Please don't get me involved in splitting cases as I really can only deal with one person who can order full cases and you can do the rest between you. FYI, in the pipeline with the LCBO are KELLS IRISH STYLE LAGER and ROGUE BRUTAL BITTER, both scheduled for Spring 2009 release.

irishkyle21

Post by irishkyle21 »

I will definitely take two cases.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Has anyone heard what's going on with the Rogue order yet?

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

nickelass wrote:Has anyone heard what's going on with the Rogue order yet?
Patience, young Skywalker. I'm sure Peter will contact you when he needs the deposit. I have a couple cases on order as well, but I don'e expect to hear anything until the order is finalised.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Is this order still happening? I havn't heard any news yet.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Peter is waiting for the order to build up. It will more than likely be placed in the next few weeks.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Okay awesome. I am impatient. It's horrible. I just want to make sure I get this before I move out of the province in March!

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

I'm just as impatient which is why I approached him at the Gourmet show over the weekend.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Did this ever happen? Or did I somehow miss out on ordering?

Sanchex

Post by Sanchex »

your guess is as good as mine nicklass. anyone from espirit care to respond?

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

In regards to Rogue, the demand so far has been less than a pallet...not worth our while or the brewery's. Sorry to be short, but the paperwork costs more than the profits. Fact is, unless people step up and demand this product, we're not going to waste time on bringing in a hanful of cases to satify the afficionadoe community....after all, it's a business. I know I'll probably piss off a lot people with these comments but I'm not the Mother Theresa of beers... I do it to make money...this is not a pastime or a hobby fo rme...it's a living. Better to drive to Buffalo for a few bottles of good stuff than to ask me...I've spent 20 years building the super-premium beer business in Ontario so I think I've paid my dues. I don't need to apologize to anyone for what I've done in Ontario. Again, sorry to sound short but support for our beers at retail in the LCBO is always marginal...we're looking at having a number of products de-listed in the next several months as are other agents. You'ecommunity is an exception and we appreciate your support...sorry, fact is that the bulk of the market does not feel the same way. We'll continue to try to offer one shots of good beers but not at the expense of doing it for free....this is why there are only a handful of us guys doing this...we can't make a living!

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

esprit wrote: we're looking at having a number of products de-listed in the next several months as are other agents.
can understand your frustration. which products might be getting the boot?

Sanchex

Post by Sanchex »

esprit wrote:In regards to Rogue, the demand so far has been less than a pallet...not worth our while or the brewery's. Sorry to be short, but the paperwork costs more than the profits. Fact is, unless people step up and demand this product, we're not going to waste time on bringing in a hanful of cases to satify the afficionadoe community....after all, it's a business. I know I'll probably piss off a lot people with these comments but I'm not the Mother Theresa of beers... I do it to make money...this is not a pastime or a hobby fo rme...it's a living. Better to drive to Buffalo for a few bottles of good stuff than to ask me...I've spent 20 years building the super-premium beer business in Ontario so I think I've paid my dues. I don't need to apologize to anyone for what I've done in Ontario. Again, sorry to sound short but support for our beers at retail in the LCBO is always marginal...we're looking at having a number of products de-listed in the next several months as are other agents. You'ecommunity is an exception and we appreciate your support...sorry, fact is that the bulk of the market does not feel the same way. We'll continue to try to offer one shots of good beers but not at the expense of doing it for free....this is why there are only a handful of us guys doing this...we can't make a living!
How about next time you try something like this:

"In regards to Rogue, the demand so far has been less than a pallet. I've spent 20 years building the super-premium beer business in Ontario but support for our beers at retail in the LCBO is always marginal. Your community is an exception and we appreciate your support. We'll continue to try to offer one shots of good beer."

While your at it, you should sign the post with something like "Your friendly neighbourhood beer agent."

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Sanchex wrote:While your at it, you should sign the post with something like "Your friendly neighbourhood beer agent."
More like, "I'm bitter that my business is not profitable, which is why I went off on a tangent and lashed out at a possible customer for asking a legitimate question."

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

esprit wrote:In regards to Rogue, the demand so far has been less than a pallet...not worth our while or the brewery's.
Might you be willing to piggy-back any orders rec'd onto the pallets of Kells & Brutal Bitter that are to come in the spring?