Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Southern Tier - Private Order #6

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Roland + Russell

Southern Tier - Private Order #6

Post by Roland + Russell »

Just in case you are not too excited about the current offering at the stores, Southern Tier has several exciting new products that we are offering via Private Ordering:

- Cuvee #2 approx. $153.00 12 x 650 ml
- Oak Aged Unearthly approx. $131.00 12 x 650 ml

Also available in this round will be Gemini - 12 x 650 mL approx. $154.00
and all the other usual ST offerings.

Please let us know if you're interested in placing your order as soon as possible as this round will have to be processed quite quickly due to a high demand for these products. None if these will be offered on consignment.

Email us at: sales@rolandandrussell.com

Cheers!
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

mjohnston

Post by mjohnston »

Beautiful, I look forward to submitting my order for those soon :) Thanks again for making these products available!

Are the Back Burner, Choklat and Jah-Va available? If so at what prices? I recently read that the Jah-Va was being released in March, so I'm expecting that you'll be collecting orders for those in the future, rather than in this round.
Mat

Roland + Russell

Sorry, Choklat is not available at this time, we are double checking on Back Burner and it looks we should be able to get some Jah-Va in this round:

- Jah-Va is $132/case of 12 x 650 mL

Best,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

mjohnston

Post by mjohnston »

Just a reminder... anyone in the Kitchener/Cambridge/Waterloo/London areas (or with frequent access to them) can take part in group orders. Contact me for details. It's a good option if you can't afford to buy whole cases.
Mat

$

Post by $ »

What do you guys think the oak aging would do to the taste of Unearthly? Just make it taste more, uh, like oak?

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Some info I found on a different site about the new beers:

http://beernews.org/2009/01/southern-ti ... is-spring/

flip

Post by flip »

$ wrote:What do you guys think the oak aging would do to the taste of Unearthly? Just make it taste more, uh, like oak?
Depending on how the oak is used, it could change the taste quite a bit.

Last time I was at Premier Gourmet (to long ago...) I picked up some Stone Oak Aged Arrogant Bastard. In this case, the use of oak changed the beer quite a bit: the oak mellowed the nose quite a bit, making it a bit sweeter, and I picked up quite a bit of vanilla from the oak and a lot more malt. The taste was quite a bit smoother to me, too: the citrus hops were still there but I felt a lot more of the malt characteristics of the beer came forward. I found it pretty enjoyable and surprisingly different than the un-oaked version.

If the oak in Unearthly had the same effect it could be pretty tasty.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

$ wrote:What do you guys think the oak aging would do to the taste of Unearthly? Just make it taste more, uh, like oak?
It really depends on a number of variables. I have had oak aged beers that you can barely detect the oak and others where you can barely detect the underlying beer beneath all the oak.

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

If there is anyone in the Ottawa area that wants to go in on the Cuvee or the Gemini, let me know. I really enjoyed the Cuvee #1, but I don't need any more than 2-3 of them.

Roland + Russell

Roland + Russell wrote:Sorry, Choklat is not available at this time, we are double checking on Back Burner and it looks we should be able to get some Jah-Va in this round:

- Jah-Va is $132/case of 12 x 650 mL

Best,
Unfortunately, Back Burner will not be offered in this round.

Best,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

The first few reviews are trickling in... It looks as if they did an excellent job on combining the oak with the base beer:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3818/47151

Roland + Russell

This order will be closed on Tuesday, March 10 at 17:00. Please contact us as soon as possible if you wish to take part.

Thank you very much,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

Roland + Russell

The order has been submitted and will be shipped most likely during the first week of April. Please keep in mind, it will have to be lab tested and possibly relabeled so add a week or two for release.

Best,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

and Easter/Passover runs from APril 9 through APril 16 which will add days
still not too long away!

$

Post by $ »

I notice on the bill they charged bottle deposit. So I'm safe to take these empties to the beer store and they won't tell me they don't take American bottles?

I'm enjoying the Gemini and Uber Sun I ordered. Thanks!