Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Garrison Order Update

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
TJ wrote:Does anyone know roughly how long a store delivery would take to Whitby?
If they will do it, should be two or three days.
I find the transfer time to Ottawa ranges from 2 to 6 weeks. That's assuming none of the following happen (all of which have happened):
- they don't misplace your case
- they don't freeze your case
- they don't bury your case in the middle of a Vintages release pallet that is not scheduled to be opened for a couple of weeks

TJ

Post by TJ »

She's telling me four to five weeks to get to Whitby.

TJ

Post by TJ »

inertiaboy wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:
TJ wrote:Does anyone know roughly how long a store delivery would take to Whitby?
If they will do it, should be two or three days.
I find the transfer time to Ottawa ranges from 2 to 6 weeks. That's assuming none of the following happen (all of which have happened):
- they don't misplace your case
- they don't freeze your case
- they don't bury your case in the middle of a Vintages release pallet that is not scheduled to be opened for a couple of weeks
That sounds fun. I've decided to just come into work late tomorrow and pick it up tomorrow morning, bright and early at 8am. I'd've been passing by there on the Gardiner at about 7 am anyway, so it's just a slight delay and a slight detour. Can't wait!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I should clarify here. It is 2-3 days once it is shipped using ATS. The paper work part could take weeks I guess.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Garrison - in hand!!!

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

Don't count on a quick in-and-out at Queen's Quay. I had to stand at the loading dock for 40 minutes late morning Thursday before my case came out. Is this typical or just luck of the draw?

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

TwoPint wrote:Don't count on a quick in-and-out at Queen's Quay. I had to stand at the loading dock for 40 minutes late morning Thursday before my case came out. Is this typical or just luck of the draw?
Luck of the draw I think. I've been to the dock twice. The first time I waited about 20 minutes. The second time I was immediately served as I was the only customer pickup there.
lister

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Got there just hours after they emailed me, only took a half hour break from work, beer is cold-packed in trunk cooler.

Price-per-ml works out same as bringing in Green Flash IPA. :D <-- That, Cass is my happy smiley face.
In Beerum Veritas

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

I wonder why we need to request delivery now. I seem to remember requesting it on the original order.

Regardless, I haven't had to wait very long in the past.

I'm looking forward to this!

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Cass - you ever thought of being a hand model?

Bonesey

Post by Bonesey »

I didn't receive a confirmation email. Does that mean I missed the boat on the order?
"Put another brick in my hookah, Chow Ming, and fetch me fresh silks, I've soiled myself again."
--Franklin Pierce, April 6, 1856

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I suspect the LCBO has been getting out the invoices as they have been able to do so - I think it's one person doing it. If you got all the paperwork to me initially and the LCBO took your deposit then you're in for sure.

TJ

Post by TJ »

I picked my order up this morning. I was in and out in under half an hour, which wasn't too bad. Great stuff, thanks Cass. :)
Last edited by TJ on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bonesey

Post by Bonesey »

Cass wrote:I suspect the LCBO has been getting out the invoices as they have been able to do so - I think it's one person doing it. If you got all the paperwork to me initially and the LCBO took your deposit then you're in for sure.

I filled out the garrison order survey, but haven't heard anything from the lcbo regarding a deposit. Perhaps i messed up submitting the order. Crap.
"Put another brick in my hookah, Chow Ming, and fetch me fresh silks, I've soiled myself again."
--Franklin Pierce, April 6, 1856

$

Post by $ »

drank one last night. great. man it's bitter
thanks for becoming an importer!