Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Garrison Order Update

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Bonesey wrote:
Cass wrote:I suspect the LCBO has been getting out the invoices as they have been able to do so - I think it's one person doing it. If you got all the paperwork to me initially and the LCBO took your deposit then you're in for sure.

I filled out the garrison order survey, but haven't heard anything from the lcbo regarding a deposit. Perhaps i messed up submitting the order. Crap.
Are you referring to the second order for Garrison that includes all their products? If so you won't receive a notice for deposit until the order has been filled.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Picked mine up too this morning and it was relatively painless. Amusingly Byzantine system, though, of double photocopying the paperwork, pulling out a 60's style cashbox to make change when I decided to pay with cash, then having to make eye contact with a warehouse guy to give him the paper order, etc. Have they not yet heard of computerization? It's not very user-friendly, which I suppose is the point when you have a monopoly. But no real complaints from my personal experience -- I guess I was lucky to show up when they weren't busy.

Bonesey

Post by Bonesey »

Pub Style wrote:
Bonesey wrote:
Cass wrote:I suspect the LCBO has been getting out the invoices as they have been able to do so - I think it's one person doing it. If you got all the paperwork to me initially and the LCBO took your deposit then you're in for sure.

I filled out the garrison order survey, but haven't heard anything from the lcbo regarding a deposit. Perhaps i messed up submitting the order. Crap.
Are you referring to the second order for Garrison that includes all their products? If so you won't receive a notice for deposit until the order has been filled.
Yes, I ordered the second order. Ah, makes sense now. Man, I hope the 2nd order doesn't take this long to get here!
"Put another brick in my hookah, Chow Ming, and fetch me fresh silks, I've soiled myself again."
--Franklin Pierce, April 6, 1856

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Bonesey wrote: Yes, I ordered the second order. Ah, makes sense now. Man, I hope the 2nd order doesn't take this long to get here!
It shouldn't, since it took a bit of time to set up Garrison initially in the LCBO's systems. Now that they are there the subsequent orders should be faster (hopefully).

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

midlife crisis wrote:Picked mine up too this morning and it was relatively painless. Amusingly Byzantine system, though, of double photocopying the paperwork, pulling out a 60's style cashbox to make change when I decided to pay with cash, then having to make eye contact with a warehouse guy to give him the paper order, etc. Have they not yet heard of computerization? It's not very user-friendly, which I suppose is the point when you have a monopoly. But no real complaints from my personal experience -- I guess I was lucky to show up when they weren't busy.
The filing system they use must be ancient. I just picked up 3 cases from a private order, and for each case had to sign four papers. 12 signatures later I was allowed to leave. =D

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Detroit what? Detroit baby!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Had a handful of bottles of ImPA last night and I must say it's a homerun. It was bottled on Jul 28th so it's still less than a month old. The Sugar Moon is certainly flavourful and maple-ly and holds up well.

Hope everyone enjoys their beer. It took a while but we've got it now and it tastes great.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Bobsy wrote:Cass - you ever thought of being a hand model?
Actually he's an ass model, which is a tough life, because people are always grabbing it. Talk about frequent bruising!!

Actually I wonder what the insurance cost would be like for that, in a per-cheek limited-liability scenario...
In Beerum Veritas

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Had no trouble getting them to ship to Peterborough, although we'll wait to see how long it takes to arrive. My staunch Catholic upbringing gave me the ability to defer pleasure, so I can handle the wait.

However, I am curiously puzzled about one thing, Cass. You wrote on July 26th that ...
Cass wrote: Would like to let everyone know that the beer shipped this past week and is now in transit. Getting closer!
And more recently that ...
Cass wrote:...It was bottled on Jul 28th....
???
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

The_Jester wrote: However, I am curiously puzzled about one thing, Cass.
Happy to explain. I was mistaken originally - it had not shipped when I thought it did. Garrison re-packed the pallet right before shipping so we could get the freshest beer possible.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

An excellent response. Good for Garrison, thinking of us beer-starved Ontarians. Thanks, Cass.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

wittaker

Post by wittaker »

Should I have received my invoice by now?

bartle

Post by bartle »

Would anyone like to order and split a case of the Imperial Pale Ale and Ol' Fog Burner?
enjoi

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

Picked up my order yesterday from my local LCBO. Enjoying an Imperial Pale Ale as I type. Great stuff!

$

Post by $ »

Almost every time I go to grab a beer now I keep coming back to this one.