Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Garrison Order #2

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

Hi Cass,

Can you check up with the LCBO about what is going on with this order? I just receive an email from Lucy Solmito asking me to provide a credit card number for the deposit but I remember providing the credit card number directly to you for the same purpose. What should I be doing here?

While you are talking to her, you may want to ask here why she disclosed your entire customer email list for this order by sending the message with everyone in the To: list. This seems like a significant privacy breech that they should be taken to task for.

Steve...

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

inertiaboy wrote:Can you check up with the LCBO about what is going on with this order? I just receive an email from Lucy Solmito asking me to provide a credit card number for the deposit but I remember providing the credit card number directly to you for the same purpose. What should I be doing here?
A follow-up email says that they have our credit card numbers.

Again, the second email was sent to all people in the To: box. To make things worse, all addresses are now embedded directly in the email as well. Nice.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

After instructing me to collect the credit cards, the LCBO went ahead and asked for them directly. They did not inform me that they were going to do this.

I have submitted the credit card information directly to the LCBO so nobody needs to submit to the LCBO as per that email. There has since been a retraction email send which everyone should have.

I am a bit frustrated that the LCBO did this, especially after they specifically told me they would not do that as a matter of new policy.

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

Your time and effort is appreciated Cass.

Though it's a bit of a drag for you, I don't care so much about my email being out there, I would have been more worried had my credit card # showed up in the email.

Side note: does this mean we should be getting the Garrisons' in our hands shortly?

Timmy

Post by Timmy »

Any word on this? Have they charged the cred cards yet? How long does it take once they have done that?

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Timmy wrote:Any word on this? Have they charged the cred cards yet? How long does it take once they have done that?
My deposit was deducted from my c/c early last week.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

All credit cards have been charged. It was a bit of a challenge as the LCBO changed the private order forms removing the credit card field that they had in the past (so they would not retain anything on file).

Then I was informed I needed to collect the credit cards anyway (sigh). Once I got them all to the 'BO the cards have been charged. Now the order will go to Garrison for the beer to ship to Ontario.

Beermat

Post by Beermat »

I didn't get an e-mail. Does that mean I've vanished from the project altogether? Have my dreams of Garrison died?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

For those interested in the ongoing saga of dealing with the LCBO, there's two new posts up on http://www.freeourbeer.org

Timmy

Post by Timmy »

Got my receipt for the deposit in the mail today. It can't be long now...I'm so dying to get this stuff!!!!! Thanks again to Cass...I know it's been an ordeal but we are almost done.

Bonesey

Post by Bonesey »

Cass,

Any word on when this long awaited order will arrive? The deposit was taken a few weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything. Thanks!
"Put another brick in my hookah, Chow Ming, and fetch me fresh silks, I've soiled myself again."
--Franklin Pierce, April 6, 1856

Timmy

Post by Timmy »

I emailed Cass about a week ago and he said it's on it's way from the brewer. How long it takes to reach our hands once it arrives I have no idea.

Spab

Post by Spab »

Just received a letter in the mail today from the LCBO saying the order is available to be picked up! Yes!

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

Spab wrote:Just received a letter in the mail today from the LCBO saying the order is available to be picked up! Yes!
That's awesome news. Hopefully I get a similar letter today. What time does the place where you pick it up from close?

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Yes, evidently all the notices have been mailed to who ordered.

Great that it has arrived, thanks to everyone for their patience. It was a long road with this one.