Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Garrison Order #2

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

kwjd wrote:That's awesome news. Hopefully I get a similar letter today. What time does the place where you pick it up from close?
Warehouse hours are Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4:00pm. *grumble*
lister

Spab

Post by Spab »

kwjd wrote:What time does the place where you pick it up from close?
According to the notice:
Your order can be picked up and paid at the LCBO Private Ordering Service Centre located at 33 Freeland Street in Toronto. Out operating hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, excluding holidays.
Not exactly ideal hours for people with jobs. Works out alright for those on parental leave though! Looks like baby will be making his first trip to the Queen's Quay LCBO tomorrow.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

Thanks, ya, I expected the hours to suck, which is why I asked. At least for me I can walk there on a lunch break, drop it off at home, and make it back to work within an hour (assuming it is quick service there). I was hoping I could pick it up after work today though.

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

Cass wrote:Yes, evidently all the notices have been mailed to who ordered.

Great that it has arrived, thanks to everyone for their patience. It was a long road with this one.
Thanks for making it happen Cass. Looking forward to it.

Hawks28

Post by Hawks28 »

awesome. This worked out great, as I got the day off work tomorrow. Cant wait to try this stuff.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

My above post is why you shouldn't start kicking back bombers at 3 PM.

ice, drop me a PM
Last edited by sprague11 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

sprague11 wrote:Guess I know what I'm doing Monday! i'll have some Burley Wine to trade for anyone north of the city.
wrong order dude 8)

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

sprague11 wrote:Guess I know what I'm doing Monday! i'll have some Burley Wine to trade for anyone north of the city.
Did we agree to go halves on a case of the IPA?
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

icemachine wrote:
Did we agree to go halves on a case of the IPA?
Yep. PM'd you the details.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

Just having my first sip of the Imperial IPA now... excellent! Thanks Cass!

This makes me (almost) forget the annoyance of picking up the beer earlier today... which ended with me just grabbing the box and walking away while the LCBO employee saying I still needed to sign stuff. The system they have there is clearly set up for businesses doing large orders, not individuals trying to pick up a single box.

Timmy

Post by Timmy »

Got my letter today. I gotta get them to sent it to me in Niagara. Hopefully that is fairly quick I'm dying for Imperial IPA.

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

Was expecting the Jalapeno in my Mix 6 but they replaced it with the Hop Yard Pale Ale.

Little disappointed as I was really looking forward to the Jalapeno but the Hop Yard is a darn good beer and acceptable replacement I suppose.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

jaymack wrote:Was expecting the Jalapeno in my Mix 6 but they replaced it with the Hop Yard Pale Ale.

Little disappointed as I was really looking forward to the Jalapeno but the Hop Yard is a darn good beer and acceptable replacement I suppose.
If you're in Toronto I've got a couple of Jalapeno's I'm willing to part with.
lister

Timmy

Post by Timmy »

4-6 weeks to wait...holy cow!!!!! I was thinking it would be like week max....that's canadian bureaucracy for you.

Soods

Post by Soods »

jaymack wrote:Was expecting the Jalapeno in my Mix 6 but they replaced it with the Hop Yard Pale Ale.

I thought the original 6 pack included Hop Yard and Jalapeno, as well as the Tall Ship Amber, Nut Brown, Raspberry Wheat and Irish Red Ale.

Which one did they replace then?