Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Garrison Order #2

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Garrison Order #2

Post by Cass »

I'm happy to announce that as the first order of Garrison is on its way to Ontario, we are now taking orders for the next one. What's great about this order is that everything Garrison has currently available is up for order (by the full case, that is).

To get into this order, please go to:

http://www.bartowelimports.com/

When the order fills up we will close it and process the documentation. Since the first order was Garrison's entry into Ontario, the second order should be expedited more quickly.

Here are the beers available:

Imperial Pale Ale
Beer Of The Year – 2007 & 2008 Canadian Brewing Awards! Launched and enthusiastically received at the first annual Halifax Seaport Beer Fest in August 2007, this ale has quickly become known as the hoppiest beer in Atlantic Canada! Unfiltered Imperial Pale Ale is a robust, full-bodied and complex brew in the Double IPA style. An intensely fruity aroma combines nicely with a malty caramel backbone, clear hop bitterness and lingering citrusy finish. This beer is for the true hophead! (7.0% alc./vol.) 12 x 500 mL $56

Raspberry Wheat
This golden wheat ale comes alive with it’s unique, natural raspberry flavour. A crisp, refreshing, one-of-a-kind taste that’s a perfect summer thirst quencher! (4.6% alc./vol.) 24 x 341 mL $57

Tall Ship Amber
This refreshing premium ale is golden-amber with light maltiness, crisp hop aroma, and smooth, clean finish. Launch into Halifax’s own Tall Ship Amber Ale, and celebrate their rich nautical history. (4.6% alc./vol.) 24 x 341 mL $57

Irish Red Ale
This classic beer style was inspired by centuries of Celtic brewing history. Specialty kilned malts such as dark caramel and munich dominate the Irish Red resulting in a ruby red colour and smooth malty taste. (5.0% alc./vol.) 24 x 341 mL $57

Nut Brown Ale
Like the rich, dark brews of southern England this traditional ale draws on specialty malts such as chocolate, caramel and black patent. “Nut Brown Ale” is a deliciously flavourful dark beer like those popular in early Nova Scotia. (5.0% alc./vol.) 24 x 341 mL $57

Jalapeno Ale
Unique in the Maritimes (and anywhere north of Santa Fe!), Garrison's Jalapeño Ale will cool you down and warm you up at the same time. Our refreshing Tall Ship Amber Ale is loaded with Jalapeño, Habanero, Scotch Bonnet, & Jamaican Hot Peppers to create a truly unusual brew. This beer is great for lovers of all things hot & spicy, and a killer secret weapon in the kitchen and on the grill. (4.6% alc./vol.) 24 x 341 mL $65

Ol' Fog Burner Barley Wine
The biggest of all beers, “Ol' Fog Burner” Barley Wine is an exceptionally mellow & complex ale. It’s tawny copper colour & sweet spiciness transcend boundaries & expectations. Suitable for cellaring. (10.3% alc./vol.) 12 x 500 mL $89

Mixed 6 Pack
This mixed 6 pack is a great way to try the different beers that Garrison has to offer, including: Tall Ship Amber, Irish Red Ale, Nut Brown Ale, Raspberry Wheat Ale, Hopyard Pale Ale and Jalapeno Ale. 24 x 341 mL $57

Hopyard Pale Ale
Deep golden, medium bodied and nicely bitter, Hopyard Pale is exceptional in the West Coast style. Generous hopping in the boil and further dry-hopping produce a fruity/floral aroma and a refreshingly bitter finish. A true thirst-quencher! (5.3% alc./vol.) 24 x 341 mL $59

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Ol' Fog Burner Barley Wine
The biggest of all beers, “Ol' Fog Burner” Barley Wine is an exceptionally mellow & complex ale. It’s tawny copper colour & sweet spiciness transcend boundaries & expectations. Suitable for cellaring. (10.3% alc./vol.) 12 x 500 mL $89
This is a terrific beer at a great price - under $10 a bottle ($7.41 each). A barley wine like this would easily be $10 a bottle in the US.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

I'd be interested in ordering a case. Is there anywhere that I can get more info about this? My 2 main questions are:

- Does this get shipped to any LCBO? If not, will there be somewhere in Toronto that I can pick it up at?

- Is the price all inclusive of taxes/fees?

Thanks!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

kwjd wrote: - Does this get shipped to any LCBO? If not, will there be somewhere in Toronto that I can pick it up at?

If you are in the GTA, you have to pick it up from the LCBO warehouse which is Queen's Quay and Yonge. If you are out of the GTA you can have it shipped to your nearest LCBO.

Yes, the price is including taxes. Please note that it is an estimate at this point and might fluxuate a bit depending on a number of factors, but it should be pretty close.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

Cass wrote:
kwjd wrote: - Does this get shipped to any LCBO? If not, will there be somewhere in Toronto that I can pick it up at?

If you are in the GTA, you have to pick it up from the LCBO warehouse which is Queen's Quay and Yonge. If you are out of the GTA you can have it shipped to your nearest LCBO.

Yes, the price is including taxes. Please note that it is an estimate at this point and might fluxuate a bit depending on a number of factors, but it should be pretty close.
Great, thanks for the quick reply!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I am interested in some hopyard but can't justify a full case. If anyone is looking to share PM me.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Jer - I am getting a few through the KW group order, I'll hold some back for you.

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

Hi Cass,

Just submitted my first order for the "Mix 6". Really looking forward to it. Keep up the great work.

Cheers,
Jay

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

I'm looking for two or three other people in Ottawa to help split up 3 cases so we can try some different offerings:

1 x Imperial Pale Ale
1 x Hopyard Pale Ale
1 x Barleywine

We'd each take a third/quarter of each case. Please PM me if you are interested.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

I will buy some barleywine if anyone ordering

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

northyorksammy wrote:I will buy some barleywine if anyone ordering
how many do you want sammy?

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Would love to jump in on a 1/2 case, 1/3 case, 1/4 case - whatever's going - of both the barley wine and the imperial pale ale.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

im up for splitting a case of barley wine and/or IPA

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I'd be interested in splitting on the Imperial Pale Ale
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

northyorksammy wrote:I will buy some barleywine if anyone ordering
I will buy some if you order from someone who is buying.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!