Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Quebec Biere order for Ottawa area #3

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

nickelass
Bar Fly

Quebec Biere order for Ottawa area #3

Post by nickelass »

Well it's that time again for another round of beer. This order needs to be placed by January with the beer arriving in the summer. I'm starting this one a bit early, since my life is about to go into overdrive for the holidays. Hurrah for retail! If anyone is interested in placing an order please reply in post and I'll get this organized.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Hey. I'll get in on this again, if that's okay. I'm interested in maybe splitting on 2 or 3 or 4 of the following:

1. St. Bernardus Prior 8
2. Gouden Carolus Noel
3. St. Feuillien Triple
4. Corsendonk Pater
5. St. Feuillien Brune
6. Troubadour Obscura
7. Lupulus
8. Grottenbier Bruin
9. Val Dieu Grand Cru

I've never tried any of these, but I'm willing to go out on that limb.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

I will also definitely take all (or most) of a case of Achel 8 Bruin.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Nick, do you know what the deal was with the kriek? I'm still dying for some. Would another order of it likely end up in more disappointment?

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

I was told the brewer changed the case size to 24 instead of 12. Thus the price went to $228. They cancelled it regardless of letting me make a choice, but I'll place another order if we can find enough interest for that beer. By the way, the gueuze was fantastic.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Jester, I'd be good for the St. B 8, or Val Dieu. I'd also like to grab some of the Koningshoeven Triple or Quad. I'll see if we can get more interest before I finalize this.

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

I could do with a couple Val-Dieu if you are trying to make up a case.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

I can get the La Trappe locally (St. Veronus), but I'll split on the other two. Let me know. And thanks for doing this.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I'm in for whatever. I've never done this before but I trust you guys for your selections. I'll just take a share of whatever and pay my share.

I'm easy to get along with

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Okay, getting ready to finalize this order up. So far we're looking at the following:

Val Dieu Grand Cru
Achel brune

I'm also getting a case of the Koningshoeven Quad for myself.

Unfortunately it looks like they have dropped almost have their selection of beers that they can bring in. Not too happy about that fact.

Jester - I have a case of the Gouden Carolus Noel ordered with R & R so you're more then welcome to split that when it comes in. I'll just add it to your bottles I have aside already.

If anyone else is interested in anything please let me know by the end of the week! Cheers

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

I'll take a few of the Noel, absolutely. I just had one at Veronus about a week ago, and it is a fantastic beer. Fullest I've ever tried.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Order is placed! I'll keep everyone updated in future when it comes in. Unfortunately this will be the last one I'll be organizing unless they improve the selection. They dropped most of their interesting beer. Good thing we managed to get 3 Fontaine Gueze and all the De Dolle beers before got rid of them. :)

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

UPDATE! They extended the order deadline until the 22nd so they could add some new beers to the lineup. So we can now order all the beers from Urthel and Malheur.

Please let me know if you want to order any of these new additions, I would probably be interested in ordering something from Urthel.

http://www.quebecbiere.info/SelectProdu ... ByNewBeers

Thanks!

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

12 bottles of 3F Gueuze for $41.40 is absolutely incredible value!

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

Bobsy wrote:12 bottles of 3F Gueuze for $41.40 is absolutely incredible value!
No kidding! I needs some of that