Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

There's a New Girl in Town...

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

This is a delicious beer and I am glad to have been able to try it! Thanks again to the agents for their work on getting this in, and thanks to Cratez for organizing the London order.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

biegaman wrote:
nickelass wrote:I just picked up my Nogne O and the lady at the LCBO in Timmins exclaimed "Oh a private order, that's annoying." More excellent service can not be found elsewhere.
Ever since the time I gave them a bottle of the Pannepot Grand Riserva I get a warm reception at the LCBO near me when I have private orders shipped there. (Although I think they've been disappointed after not sharing any of the last few shipments with them.)
"Oh a private order, that's annoying." - so unfair, why can't she just get paid to stand around while 20 people are waiting at one checkout? Seriously, she should be suspended without pay, and I would report her for being that disrespectful.

I agree that good store staff are VERY appreciative of me coming in to buy cases, and they remember me warmly when I come back. Which is only right because bulk purchases make lighter work.
In Beerum Veritas

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

I was the first to place this order but likely the last to receive it. This is through no fault of the importer or the LCBO however, I think both of which did a great job. HHM in particular, you have my thanks for choosing to work with Central City and bring a beer like this to our market.

I'm a big fan of cans. Whether they be Pilsner Urquell, Fuller ESB or Creemore Pilsner, Steam Whistle or Devil's Pale Ale. The canned format brings portability, durability and consistency to beer. There's no light struck factor, no noisy bottles, less weight.. and lets face it.. the crunch of a well mashed can under your heel is satisfying no matter how old you get.

So it was refreshing to discover that not only can you do an IPA in a can, but you can do a great one and it will pour, smell, and taste great.

I hope Ontario breweries have seen and tasted Red Racer. It has outdoors life, cottage living and camping written all over it. I'm not a marketing man, but surely that's not a segment unique to BC.
drinkvine.com - a better way to find your beer and wine.

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

Ralphus wrote:I was the first to place this order but likely the last to receive it. This is through no fault of the importer or the LCBO however, I think both of which did a great job. HHM in particular, you have my thanks for choosing to work with Central City and bring a beer like this to our market.

I'm a big fan of cans. Whether they be Pilsner Urquell, Fuller ESB or Creemore Pilsner, Steam Whistle or Devil's Pale Ale. The canned format brings portability, durability and consistency to beer. There's no light struck factor, no noisy bottles, less weight.. and lets face it.. the crunch of a well mashed can under your heel is satisfying no matter how old you get.

So it was refreshing to discover that not only can you do an IPA in a can, but you can do a great one and it will pour, smell, and taste great.

I hope Ontario breweries have seen and tasted Red Racer. It has outdoors life, cottage living and camping written all over it. I'm not a marketing man, but surely that's not a segment unique to BC.
+1

I love everything about this beer. I bought two cases and they disappeared.

hops are your friend

Post by hops are your friend »

Ralphus wrote:I was the first to place this order but likely the last to receive it.
Just so you don't feel too bad, I still haven't received mine yet so you're not last :-( Maybe HMH can start the next order in January so I can receive it during the summer...

Oh well. My fridge is doing okay as it is, and it'll be overloaded after our trip to Syracuse/Ithaca next weekend.

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

I'm surprised.. I was late contacting the LCBO to do the store transfer. I had my case transferred to Centrum from the warehouse, btw.

Have a good trip - I'm jealous.. I hear it's a solid beer destination.
drinkvine.com - a better way to find your beer and wine.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Red Racer AND Little Scrapper IPA are both on the New Bottles list at Rhino, the Racer is dee-lish. And the price is right for us cheap basterds.
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Belgian wrote:Red Racer AND Little Scrapper IPA are both on the New Bottles list at Rhino, the Racer is dee-lish. And the price is right for us cheap basterds.

How much is it at the Rhino? I don't think it should be any more than about $6-$7.00 or so.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

wilco

Post by wilco »

$6.95 at the Rhino. Opera Bob's on Dundas St W is also supposed to have it, probably for cheap as well.

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Also in cans at The Only. Not sure of the price.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Gedge wrote:Also in cans at The Only. Not sure of the price.
About the same, under seven was it?

Try it will a grilled Marrakech sandwich, great snack.
In Beerum Veritas

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

http://www.bcliquorstores.com/store/148
$12.99 a 6-pack. ;D

Absolutely love it. I stopped at the brewpub on the weekend hoping to try the DIPA... but I seem to have missed out again.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

wilco wrote:$6.95 at the Rhino. Opera Bob's on Dundas St W is also supposed to have it, probably for cheap as well.

Very cool. That is a solid price. I hope places aren't charging like $10.00 for it.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Update: Only Cafe sold out their usual massive allotment of 24 cans.
In Beerum Veritas

carguy

Post by carguy »

I just got a chance to try this on the weekend, and must say I'm very impressed. I wish I had ordered a flat of it.