Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Garrison Private Order - Winter 2010

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Grabbing the Black IPA next week. I have a couple extra
bottles if anyones interested in them.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

i'm OK with one baltic because I am sharing the bottle as well as the entire mix with a friend. Only just mentioning a few days' heads up would have helped rather than surprise.
Kudos on the speed

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

If anyone in Ottawa wants any bottles of the Black IPA or Winter Warmer, let me know. I'll be in town on the 18th of next month. Message me if interested.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

I believe the barleywine is from the same batch that Cass brought in next year, and it tastes sublime right now, so it makes a more than adequate sub for the baltic. I'm picking up my brewmaster's pack tomorrow.

Nice work on the speedy turnaround!

Blankboy

Post by Blankboy »

Cass, I still haven't received a notice form the LCBO, should I be worried?
"Everything's better with monkeys!"

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Blankboy wrote:Cass, I still haven't received a notice form the LCBO, should I be worried?
I have not received a notice either, but I'm sure it's coming. Hopefully in time for the weekend!

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

northyorksammy wrote:....Only just mentioning a few days' heads up would have helped rather than surprise....
I agree. I had just arranged to trade one of mine. Fortunately, he is accepting a Netherworld and a Jacobite instead. 'Cause I certainly ain't giving up my bottle!
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I considered ordering this mixed pack and decided against it at the last minute. Glad I did considering that the beer I wanted the most was the baltic porter and I generally don't like barleywines.

I am surprised that people weren't at least given a head's up about the last minute change.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Evidently some of the notices were attempted to send via email but bounced-back, so the LCBO mailed them.

I think this stems from the fact that the LCBO has to copy the customer details off of the order forms manually. Looks like some errors were made in the copying as they were correct on the forms as evidenced by everyone receiving them in the first place.

Hang tight, everyone should get them soon.

DaPan

Post by DaPan »

sprague11 wrote:Grabbing the Black IPA next week. I have a couple extra
bottles if anyones interested in them.
Where are you located? I'd certainly be interested and I've got a jammed cellar if you want to trade.

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

Everybody get their invoices back for the 2nd pallet? Let's get this thing on the move! :wink:
^^^Hop-head ^^^

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Still waiting for a couple and we had a couple of drop offs. If anyone would like a single case of something please email me at cass@cecktor.com.

Blankboy

Post by Blankboy »

I still haven't received my invoice from the LCBO for the first order, I'm starting to worry. :cry:
"Everything's better with monkeys!"

probstk

Post by probstk »

probstk wrote:
jprime wrote:Now only 4-6 weeks for it to get from Toronto to Cambridge
Was told the same thing to get it to Ottawa...that's like 28-42 sleeps...sheesh!
Mine's in! 2 weeks' turn around. Not bad!

hops are your friend

Post by hops are your friend »

probstk wrote:Mine's in! 2 weeks' turn around. Not bad!
What LCBO do you get your order sent to? Just asking since mine hasn't got here yet. I always get my orders sent to Bank and Walkley (store 243). I think that is the main warehouse for Ottawa. I've assumed that all Ottawa deliveries would go there first, or at least that store would have trucks coming up from Toronto most frequently (but I could easily be wrong...)