Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Garrison Private Order - Winter 2010

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

electroluminescent

Post by electroluminescent »

Finally getting mine tonight, apparently it's been sitting on the bottom of a pile at my store for weeks, my invoice was on the bottom of the box so the store didn't see it.

hops are your friend

Post by hops are your friend »

hops are your friend wrote:A competent employee came by and actually knew to look in the back but he didn't find my beer. :( Too late to call the SS in Toronto today to see if they have any idea where it is.

Bottom line, I'd just like them to ship my case (with or without paperwork) sometime...
How many LCBO employees does it take to find a case of Hopyard that is sitting on their customer order shelf in the back room? The answer is 5. I take back what I said about a competent employee looking the first time I checked.

I found out that my case was actually sent up Jan 17 and just sat at my LCBO because no one at the store bothered to take the paperwork off the top of the box. I think I'll get my BrewDog order sent to a different LCBO store.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Well, this is interesting. The LCBO has lost my order. I paid for it January 13th. Since then, shipping insists that it has been shipped, and my local insists that they don't have it. Oh well. I'm told I'll get my money back. I was looking forward to it, though, despite the fact that Volo stole one of my Baltic Porters.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

Sanchex

Post by Sanchex »

volo stole your baltic porters? do you mean case or bottles from the mixpack?

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Sanchex wrote:volo stole your baltic porters? do you mean case or bottles from the mixpack?
One from the case. I saw a picture of it on the Bartowel homepage. I'm sure that one was mine. Or would have been, had I ever gotten my case. Do you think that if I go there and explain this nicely to them, that they'll let me have it?
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

hopaddict

Post by hopaddict »

Another reason why volo is on my shit list. whether they know or it not, they alienate a lot of people. i have a feeling if things continue their only patrons will be die hard beer geeks who will withstand terribly condescending service for the chance to add another beer to their list.

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

Sorry, what?
You think that Volo stole your baltic porter or you know that they took your blatic porter?

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Yes. They came to my house, beat up my grandmother, kicked my cat, and took my beer. And left some Leafs tickets.

Do people now need emoticons with every comment to tell them how to take it?

The Garrison Brewmaster cases apparently arrived with only one Baltic Porter instead of the advertised two, due to an apparent shortage. They were replaced with a third barleywine. Volo is having a Garrison promotion that includes the Baltic Porter. There was even a photo of a Baltic Porter label on the Bartowel home page. So I suggested that the bottles missing out of everyones' cases are the ones on sale at Volo. I don't really believe this. I'm assuming that their order was cut in half as well, 'cause that would only be fair. It was an overly-subtle attempt at humour. Or perhaps irony.

I don't know. I'm just pissed since I didn't get my beer anyhow. 'Cause the LCBO, with the covert assistance of Dalton McGuinty, lost my case.
Last edited by The_Jester on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

hopaddict wrote:Another reason why volo is on my shit list. whether they know or it not, they alienate a lot of people. i have a feeling if things continue their only patrons will be die hard beer geeks who will withstand terribly condescending service for the chance to add another beer to their list.

Whaaaaattttt? I've personally watched some of the staff there VERY considerately walk a total MolBat drinker through the beer list and helped them find something not too challenging for their palette. Ralph started as a guy who didn't know or understand craft beer, his evolution has been staggering and I know he's passed that respect and knowledge on to his staff. So I'm not sure what your personal issue is with him and/or the bar but I'd be surprised if there's many more angry voices than yours when it comes to service at Volo.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

The_Jester wrote:..... And left some Leafs tickets.....

Likely the crime of the century. Sorry you had to go through it too. No one should ever have to experience that.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

The_Jester wrote:Yes. They came to my house, beat up my grandmother, kicked my cat, and took my beer. And left some Leafs tickets.

Do people now need emoticons with every comment to tell them how to take it?

The Garrison Brewmaster cases apparently arrived with only one Baltic Porter instead of the advertised two, due to an apparent shortage. They were replaced with a third barleywine. Volo is having a Garrison promotion that includes the Baltic Porter. There was even a photo of a Baltic Porter label on the Bartowel home page. So I suggested that the bottles missing out of everyones' cases are the ones on sale at Volo. I don't really believe this. I'm assuming that their order was cut in half as well, 'cause that would only be fair. It was an overly-subtle attempt at humour. Or perhaps irony.

I don't know. I'm just pissed since I didn't get my beer anyhow. 'Cause the LCBO, with the covert assistance of Dalton McGuinty, lost my case.
Yes, I was able to pierce your masterful prose enough to understand that you weren't saying that they physically assaulted you and took your beer, however, you did make it sound as if they had tampered with your order and taken your beer. I was looking for further clarification.

So Volo in fact did nothing wrong to your order, you simply made a poor joke, which the poster below you also failed to get, and used as platform to complain about Volo.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I like this thread. I also like pickles.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

irishkyle21

Post by irishkyle21 »

I love a good Gherkin pickle!
We can get drunker than this!!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

SteelbackGuy wrote:I like this thread. I also like pickles.
I do not mind pickles. But a pint is too much.

electroluminescent

Post by electroluminescent »

SteelbackGuy wrote:I like this thread. I also like pickles.
Not actually a pickle fan but I'm fascinated with single serving pickles..

Image Image

Oh and I got the joke about Volo stealing the Porter, that was the first thought the same thing crossed my mind when I saw the label on the main page.