Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Garrison Private Order - Winter 2010

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

The 2nd pallet is fully sold out.

Thanks for everyone who ordered, you will be receiving notes from me shortly about next steps.

For those who didn't get in on the order, don't fear - Garrison is coming to Ontario this year again - stay tuned!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

The first pallet order has been released! You should be receiving your pickup notices from the LCBO soon.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Cass wrote:The first pallet order has been released! You should be receiving your pickup notices from the LCBO soon.
:D Awesome!
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Fantastic news to come home to after a stressful day! Looking forward to finally having my first-ever baltic porter. Haven't even had the Baltika. After spending a bunch on homebrew equipment I had to promise SWMBO that I'd cut back on bottle spending. SHE CAN'T STOP THIS.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Cale wrote:I had to promise SWMBO that I'd cut back on bottle spending. SHE CAN'T STOP THIS.
I hear you. This gets rolled into last year`s budget and is immune to any new year`s resolutions to curb spending :wink:

probstk

Post by probstk »

Cass wrote:The first pallet order has been released! You should be receiving your pickup notices from the LCBO soon.
Got mine this morning. Thanks, Cass!

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Got mine as well this morning. Thanks Cass!

jprime

Post by jprime »

Now only 4-6 weeks for it to get from Toronto to Cambridge

probstk

Post by probstk »

jprime wrote:Now only 4-6 weeks for it to get from Toronto to Cambridge
Was told the same thing to get it to Ottawa...that's like 28-42 sleeps...sheesh!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

jprime wrote:Now only 4-6 weeks for it to get from Toronto to Cambridge
and so the man emerges. nice to see you posting jeff!

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

In the past when I have been told 4-6 weeks, its taken less then 2 to get to waterloo.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

xocoatl wrote:In the past when I have been told 4-6 weeks, its taken less then 2 to get to waterloo.
I think it basically comes with the next store delivery from the warehouse.

hops are your friend

Post by hops are your friend »

phirleh wrote:
xocoatl wrote:In the past when I have been told 4-6 weeks, its taken less then 2 to get to waterloo.
I think it basically comes with the next store delivery from the warehouse.
Unless someone at the LCBO in Toronto forgets to put it on a truck and just leaves it sitting in a corner of the warehouse...

My experience ranges from 1 week to (at least) 6 weeks to get it sent up to the main warehouse in Ottawa (Bank & Walkley). Makes no real sense when the LCBO must have a truck coming up here most days.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Just got back with my order. Unfortunately it looks like they were short on Baltic Porter so I ended up getting 3 barleywines and 1 porter in my brewmaster's mix. It came with a note explaining the situation. Everything else stayed the same. I'm a little disappointed as I was hoping to drink one and age the other, but hopefully I like this barleywine!

Thanks again for this, Cass! This was my first private order and it went swimmingly.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Cale wrote:Just got back with my order. Unfortunately it looks like they were short on Baltic Porter so I ended up getting 3 barleywines and 1 porter in my brewmaster's mix. It came with a note explaining the situation. Everything else stayed the same. I'm a little disappointed as I was hoping to drink one and age the other, but hopefully I like this barleywine!

Thanks again for this, Cass! This was my first private order and it went swimmingly.
Yep, sorry for the inconvenience for those who got the Brewmaster's Mix. We got short on the GBP and didn't want to hold up the order - would rather get it into everyone's hands quickly, and this was the fastest we've had from order to release.