Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Garrison Private Order - Winter 2010

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Mine are going to Gloucester - Ogilvie Road. No call yet.

probstk

Post by probstk »

hops are your friend wrote:
probstk wrote:Mine's in! 2 weeks' turn around. Not bad!
What LCBO do you get your order sent to? Just asking since mine hasn't got here yet. I always get my orders sent to Bank and Walkley (store 243). I think that is the main warehouse for Ottawa. I've assumed that all Ottawa deliveries would go there first, or at least that store would have trucks coming up from Toronto most frequently (but I could easily be wrong...)
Barfhaven (499 - Strandherd and Greenbank). Bank and Walkley is the main warehouse, so it would make sense. However, the LCBO is a government institution and sense has no place in government!! :D

probstk

Post by probstk »

hops are your friend wrote:
probstk wrote:Mine's in! 2 weeks' turn around. Not bad!
What LCBO do you get your order sent to? Just asking since mine hasn't got here yet. I always get my orders sent to Bank and Walkley (store 243). I think that is the main warehouse for Ottawa. I've assumed that all Ottawa deliveries would go there first, or at least that store would have trucks coming up from Toronto most frequently (but I could easily be wrong...)
False alarm. Letter in mail ≠ beer in store. I'm new to this procedure and now have the liver equivalent of blue balls! :o

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Got my notice that my Brewmaster Mix is finally in my local store. Woo hoo!
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

probstk

Post by probstk »

phirleh wrote:Got my notice that my Brewmaster Mix is finally in my local store. Woo hoo!
Enjoy! I didn't receive a phone call...simply asked when I happened to be there and it was in. Would suggest others do the same...you may be delaying enjoyment!!

electroluminescent

Post by electroluminescent »

Still waiting for mine :(

carguy

Post by carguy »

Same here.......waiting.............waiting..............

electroluminescent

Post by electroluminescent »

This post probably belongs on the LCBO board but it falls in line with the discussion, Is there truth to the rumor that they're considering keeping the main Toronto warehouse open late some nights or even on a Saturday so those of us who can't make their absurd hours can pick up our beer and not have this wait?

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

probstk wrote:
phirleh wrote:Got my notice that my Brewmaster Mix is finally in my local store. Woo hoo!
Enjoy! I didn't receive a phone call...simply asked when I happened to be there and it was in. Would suggest others do the same...you may be delaying enjoyment!!
I had actually been in twice before and it's a good thing, the box came into my LCBO without paperwork but Dave at the store remembered me and phoned the head office to confirm and notify me (thank you Dave at store 326!)
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

electroluminescent wrote:Is there truth to the rumor that they're considering keeping the main Toronto warehouse open late some nights or even on a Saturday so those of us who can't make their absurd hours can pick up our beer and not have this wait?
It's apparently being considered, yes. But whether or not it will actually happen is still to be determined.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Burger Bar announced on their Twitter feed that their Garrison order will be available on Monday. They're going to have a couple of brands, but I won't spoil the surprise for them! Go check them out, great spot if you haven't been there.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

For everyone who participated in the 2nd pallet the order has been submitted to the LCBO. Thanks for your participation!

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Picked mine up last night. Thanks for the heads up modus. Stuff came in with no paperwork and I didn't get a call. Went in on a suggestion and walked out with two cases.

Thanks again Cass!

modus_11

Post by modus_11 »

no problem cfrancis. When I saw the other cases of Garrison at the Beacon Hill store, I knew it had to be yours! Hopefully Specialty Services doesn't make this shipping without paperwork thing a regular practice...

hops are your friend

Post by hops are your friend »

modus_11 wrote:Hopefully Specialty Services doesn't make this shipping without paperwork thing a regular practice...
The system really sucks for anyone who lives outside downtown Toronto.

I dropped by my LCBO this afternoon. I hadn't received a call but I was expecting (or at least hoping) my case would be in based on what other Ottawa people have said. No such luck. It took me about three tries to get the lady at the service counter to accept that special orders actually do come to the store. I guess I was imagining all the other times I've gone to that counter and picked up my order. A competent employee came by and actually knew to look in the back but he didn't find my beer. :( Too late to call the SS in Toronto today to see if they have any idea where it is.

Bottom line, I'd just like them to ship my case (with or without paperwork) sometime...