Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

espirit agencies, orders?

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

aser

Post by aser »

I emailed you twice actually, haven't received a reply both times.

I'm still interested in ordering, so I'll try emailing you again right now. Meaning right now, saturday, april 23rd at 2:34pm, haha.

Paul at the Buddha

Post by Paul at the Buddha »

I've emailed a couple times and phoned as well, to no answer. Thank-you for posting the contact numbers... I will keep trying, since I still want to carry the beers that you distribute and will still drive to Toronto to pick them up.
Paul is the purchaser for the Laughing Buddha and Townehouse Tavern in Sudbury. A great combination of live independent music, good food and interesting beers. 2 bars, 440 seats, 15 taps, 120 bottles, 40 Whiskies and the best patio around.

Streets

Post by Streets »

I emailed a few times, but eventually received a response and an updated inventory list. I sent payment for a case (bank transfer), and am awaiting notice of delivery to my local LCBO.

I'll let you know...

Streets

Post by Streets »

Just picked up my case of Tripel Karmeliet!

Lackey

Post by Lackey »

Streets wrote:Just picked up my case of Tripel Karmeliet!
Wow! Lucky you. I've been trying to get this beer for a few weeks now but have not gotten a response to this point. Dissapointing.

MasterChiefP

Post by MasterChiefP »

I just received a case of Achel Extra and Rocchefort 10 from Peter and everything went very smooth. Peter answered my e-mails quickly and even explained the process as this was my first private order. My first experience ordering from him was good!

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Garthicus wrote:Why do you refer to yourself as 'we' ?

My precious....
Its a team effort. More than once I've doubt with Peter's lovely, knowledgeable other half. :D

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

In terms of emails, Esprit can sometimes be a little inconsistent with their initial response (perhaps Peter should check his junk a little more often). However, I have usually received a very prompt response by calling him and simply arranging the order that way. Once you make the initial contact, heard the obligatory, Belgian like LCBO rant and set the wheels in motion by arranging a pick up date, I find Esprit very reliable and useful. I've purchased St. Bernies, Rochefort, Chimay and more and all came as advertised at a relatively reasonable price, compared to that rip off Belgian store. Too bad the Westy 12 can be a little hard to get from Peter most of the times, because he tends to ration it out to the bars. In any event, I highly recommend Peter and Esprit to everyone and would suggest that you call him first to set things up.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Lukie wrote:(perhaps Peter should check his junk a little more often)
OK, this put just about the worst mental image EVER into my head... :o

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

GregClow wrote:
Lukie wrote:(perhaps Peter should check his junk a little more often)
OK, this put just about the worst mental image EVER into my head... :o
Just returned from a brutal night shift when I wrote that.....what was i thinking? :o

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Picked up (9) Cases of different Belgian Trappist Ales off him yesterday. Great process. Being my first private order I assumed it would be a lengthly process and take a few months. He had stock of the majoirty of what I was looking for and the three cases he did not have were already on order. Only took a couple phone calls and emails early in the week and picked up a few days later when I had some free time at work. Going to be ordering more soon! Cheers!

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Picked up 2 cases of de Dolle Arabier and Oerbier today. Great to have these available locally. Thanks very much Peter for bringing in.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Cass wrote:Picked up 2 cases of de Dolle Arabier and Oerbier today. Great to have these available locally. Thanks very much Peter for bringing in.
a bit off topic, but are you in the mood to trade a few Arabier for a few Dulle Teve? Wouldn't mind trying the Arabier.

regarding Esprit...he's not the best at email. he's much better on the phone. if you're looking for a well-oiled corporate machine to be processing your orders, then nope, its not it. If you're looking for a decent guy selling beer at decent prices and lucking in to some sweet imports, he's great. you just have to be on his butt and remind him what you want.

i've ordered 3 cases from him in the past month (Oerbier, Dulle Teve and Rochefort 10) and will continue to order from him. so far, I find him to be more approachable that R&R

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Wow, nice to read posts that no longer refer to rabbit...whoever he was. I was a raging alcoholic for many years...went into rehab and seem to be out of the woods right now. Pissed off quite a few customers, bars and suppliers during the bad years. Trying to get it back now and if you contact me I'm sure I'll be much more responsive than in the past when I was laying on the floor and drooling. We've disappointed a lot of people but still have an incredible commitment to craft beer. We are here, we still have a great portfolio and we will give you the best service possible if you want to buy some of phenomenal beers. No private orders with deposits...we have what we have and it's available immediately and if it is not, we'll tell you when it will be.

Peter
ESPRIT AGENCIES
416-762-4133
espritagencies@sympatico.ca

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

If anyone in the GTA has an extra sixer (or less) of the De Dolle Oerbier I'd be interested in taking it off your hands. Case is a bit much. Msg me.