Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Sour Lovers: 6 Orval + 6 Rodenbach Grand Cru $52

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

emjay

Sour Lovers: 6 Orval + 6 Rodenbach Grand Cru $52

Post by emjay »

Hey guys,

I love wild beers, but I've never even had the privilege of trying either of these. Unfortunately, the LCBO is very resistant to offering any of these! So, between the uncertainty of these particular beers, not to mention price, I figured this could be a good opportunity for me and a few other people who'd like some of these veered, but don't want to spend over $200 just for 2 beers.

So I figured I'd give a unique group buy a shot:

6 of each beer (that's 12 total) for the price of $51.90!

Pickup would be in the fairly convenient location of Scarborough, on Kennedy Road JUST north of the 401.

Payment will be via PayPal - to make sure I don't end up getting stuck with it all, full funds are required before I place the order. If for some reason Peter can't fulfill the order, I will immediately refund the money - if he can only fulfill one of the beers, I WILL give you the option of backing out completely, as I understand you may MOSTLY be in it for a certain beer.

Post here or send me an email at mathewjones AT gmail DOT com (yes, "Mathew" only has 1 T) for any questions, or payment instructions.

Thanks!
Mat

emjay

Post by emjay »

Also considering Achel Extra as well, if I get any interest in that.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I've got a fair stash of Orval, but I'd be interested in the Rodenbach GC and Achel
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

What's the price on the Achel?
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

emjay

Post by emjay »

The Achel Extra comes in a case of 12 x 750ml bottles @ 11.40/bottle, so it'd work out to 3 bottles for $34.20.

If you guys are both interested in this one (the response to the bug beers is surprisingly disappointing so far), I can create a new thread specifically for the Achel to hopefully get a 4th buyer

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

emjay wrote:Also considering Achel Extra as well, if I get any interest in that.
I would be interested in two bottles of the Achel (three, if needed). Post here or PM me if you get the interest for that one and I'll wire you the money.

Good initiative! :D I always wish these things were more common but I just don't have the time or money to ever organize it.

elproducto

Post by elproducto »

I'm interested in Rodenbach and the Achel.. sort of had my fill of Orval, but would of course take it for the cellar.

Email incoming.