Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Cantillon

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

nickelass
Bar Fly

Cantillon

Post by nickelass »

Hello all,

I have a very small amount of Cantillon available from an upcoming order. Please let me know ASAP if you're interested. The order comes in after the new year, and I'll be in the Ottawa/Peterborough area around then to meet up.

2 bottles Fou'foune 750ml
4 bottles Gueuze BIO 375ml
2 bottles Lou Pepe Kriek 750ml

Cheers!
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

pm sent.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Down to:

1 bottles Fou'foune 750ml
2 bottles Gueuze BIO 375ml
1 bottles Lou Pepe Kriek 750ml
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

No more Fou'Foune.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Thanks for the interest folks! The Cantillon is all spoken for.

uno99

Post by uno99 »

Sadface.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Aww crap.
Q: How does one order Cantillon? I haven't even seen it in stores in the US recently...

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

I'm getting it through a place in Quebec.

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

Man, I love those Quebec orders, without it Cantillon would be impossible to get as it seems to have all but disappeared in Buffalo.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

ritzkiss wrote:Man, I love those Quebec orders, without it Cantillon would be impossible to get as it seems to have all but disappeared in Buffalo.
Yeah it's hard to come by. The only really interesting lambic I saw at Premier a few months ago was 3 Fonteinen Schaerbeekse kriek, but they wanted $30 a bottle!! Considering I picked up a case of 12 for $140 during the summer, it was a bit much.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

ritzkiss wrote:Man, I love those Quebec orders, without it Cantillon would be impossible to get as it seems to have all but disappeared in Buffalo.
We've still got a crap load in Alberta, but they are indeed pricey at about $25 a bottle. We've had 2 orders over the last 18 months. Most places still had a ton left over from the first order and didn't even go in on the second order. Crazy the differences in demand between privatized and government controleld liquor sales.

rudolf

Post by rudolf »

nickelass wrote:
Yeah it's hard to come by. The only really interesting lambic I saw at Premier a few months ago was 3 Fonteinen Schaerbeekse kriek, but they wanted $30 a bottle!! Considering I picked up a case of 12 for $140 during the summer, it was a bit much.
Where was a case of 12 750s of Schaerbeekse $140? I need to go there. That price would be a steal for even their regular kriek. Standard price on the Schaerbeekse here in the states is $35-$40/750ml

-rudy

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

rudolf wrote:
nickelass wrote:
Where was a case of 12 750s of Schaerbeekse $140? I need to go there. That price would be a steal for even their regular kriek. Standard price on the Schaerbeekse here in the states is $35-$40/750ml

-rudy

I got it through a place in Quebec. Also got a case of the geueze for $120. Hell of a price considering can keep these bottles for a long time.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Bieropholie.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

nickelass wrote:
rudolf wrote:
nickelass wrote: Yeah it's hard to come by. The only really interesting lambic I saw at Premier a few months ago was 3 Fonteinen Schaerbeekse kriek, but they wanted $30 a bottle!! Considering I picked up a case of 12 for $140 during the summer, it was a bit much.

-rudy

I got it through a place in Quebec. Also got a case of the geueze for $120. Hell of a price considering can keep these bottles for a long time.
Are you sure it was the 3 Fonteinen Schaerbeekse Kriek and not just the regular 3 Fonteinen one? The Schaerbeekse one is quite a bit more expensive, owing to the use of prized local Belgian Schaerbeekse cherries (as oppose to the commercially grown Polish ones used in the regular). In Buffalo the regular Kriek goes for closer to the price range you payed.