Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Mikkeller

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

hammy78

Mikkeller

Post by hammy78 »

I hope I'm not stirring the pot too much here. Whatever happened to that possible Mikkeller order in August? R&R said that it was probable. Thoughts?

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

hammy78 wrote:I hope I'm not stirring the pot too much here. Whatever happened to that possible Mikkeller order in August? R&R said that it was probable. Thoughts?
Not at all. We are still busy dealing with packaging, labeling and other system related requirements in regards to one of Mikkeller beers coming to LCBO stores in the near future. One of the objectives was to formalize this opportunity to the point where it is reasonably certain that this product will be coming and that it does not get duplicated through private ordering.

There is another element and we're still not sure of the best way to address it... It is taking longer and longer to compile enough orders in a short time frame to make a private order feasible combined with the fact that for some breweries (Mikkeller being one great example) the demand from other markets is so high that our initial stock offering keeps shrinking and changing week by week. To keep freight costs down and make the time spent fulfilling label requirements etc for this market worthwhile for the producer at least a pallet of orders is needed.

As soon as the current Van Eecke campaign is completed another offering will be made and members of this forum will be first to know.

Cheers and thanks for your interest in beers from our portfolio.
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

hammy78

Post by hammy78 »

Well not quite what I was expecting, but the idea of one hitting the LCBO is enough for me to keep quiet for awhile. Thanks.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Roland + Russell wrote:regards to one of Mikkeller beers coming to LCBO stores in the near future.
Hmmm.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

I love my Mikkeller. Seeing one at the LCBO will be amazing, and a private order will also be nice! Thanks R&R!!
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"