Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Howe Sound Private Order

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

JeffPorter wrote:$8.00 in B.C., and 11 bucks here? Seems kinda pricey...
Kinda pricey? Really?? For coming from one end of the country to the other? In Alberta both of these go for between $9.99 to $12.99.
TheSevenDuffs wrote:My initial thought was to order a case of Pothole Filler ... until I noticed the 1L bottle size. Now I am having second thoughts.

Drinking 1L of a 9% beer is a little much ...
You can't drink a 1l bottle through an entire night? What are you? A girl? :wink:

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

One way of looking at the pricing is comparing it to Muskoka's big bottles.
Putting in shipping costs and these look ridiculously fair...or Muskoka looks ridiculously over-priced.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Aside: Bringing some tech for the geeks...

Alcohol weight (g) = Fraction x Volume (mL) x 0.8 g/mL

A 'standard drink' is a 341 mL beer at 5% abv:
Weight = 0.05*341*0.8 = 13.64 g

1 to 2 standard drinks per day is actually considered healthy, so up to 27.28 g of alcohol.

"Drinking in moderation has been described by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) as a man consuming four drinks on any day with an average of 14 drinks per week. For women, it is consuming three drinks in any one day and an average of seven drinks per week."

Now 1L at 8% has an alcohol weight = 64 g

On a daily basis that amount would probably increase the risk of liver disease, but on occasion it's certainly tolerable.

Unless you are indeed a girl, then only 13.6 g would be healthy and <40 g would be the daily limit.

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

One way of looking at the pricing is comparing it to Muskoka's big bottles.
Putting in shipping costs and these look ridiculously fair...or Muskoka looks ridiculously over-priced.
Great analogy. The pricing of muskoka seasonals in their 750ml bottles are rediculous. The Howe Sound bottles are 1L, works for me.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Alright already!!! I'm sold!!! Shessh!

I'm getting 3 cases of each!!!! :D

I'll probably get a case...as long as I can drink a bottle over a couple of days and have it not be terribly flat...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

Trying to split a case in the Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge area. have about half a case of each allocated already, send me a PM if you are interested.

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

Just put an order in for eclipse and did the paperwork. Hopefully it gets here before christmas.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Anyone with a case they're looking to fill? I'd be in for a couple bottles of each.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

how many of you are doing this...still considering an order, but time is running out!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

I am interested in getting in on a case, if somebody has room. Ideally just looking for one of each, though I could do two if that works better. In Toronto.
Ren

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

jrenihan wrote:I am interested in getting in on a case, if somebody has room. Ideally just looking for one of each, though I could do two if that works better. In Toronto.
Ren
I'm in the same boat. If someone wants to order a case or is looking to get rid of a bottle or two of each I'm in. Ive spent far to much on private orders and in buffalo to get a case of each alone.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I have one bottle of Total Eclipse and 2 of the Pothole Filler that I can supply from the cases I ordered, first one to PM me who wants all 3 can get in on the split.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

I ordered a case of the eclipse. I would be willling to trade a bottle for a pot hole filler.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

icemachine wrote:I have one bottle of Total Eclipse and 2 of the Pothole Filler that I can supply from the cases I ordered, first one to PM me who wants all 3 can get in on the split.
And they're taken
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

icemachine wrote:
icemachine wrote:I have one bottle of Total Eclipse and 2 of the Pothole Filler that I can supply from the cases I ordered, first one to PM me who wants all 3 can get in on the split.
And they're taken
Fk. Was in meetings all afternoon. Anyone else with bottles they're willing to part with PM or email me craig@naughton.ca