Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Howe Sound Private Order

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I've got a case of each coming into Ottawa.

Andrenaline

Post by Andrenaline »

I just noticed that Keep6 posted a tweet saying the order is undergoing the LCBO lab testing, etc. and should be available for pick-up soon! Woohoo!! Although I'll still have to wait for it to get shipped to my local LCBO... Still stoked nonetheless!

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Super fast.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Keep6 has been on the ball with PO's lately. The last DDC order was also done very quickly, aside from an initial delay due to Aphrodite production. I swear the store transfer took longer than the actual order.
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

The @howesoundbeer (HSBPO-001) private order is ready for pick up. Notices will be sent out today for private customers! Licensee's soon!
Excited to get my hands on these
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

:-? Wish I would've gotten my money in on time...next one...there is talk of possibly submitting one of their beers to the 'BO.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Andrenaline

Post by Andrenaline »

Cale wrote:Keep6 has been on the ball with PO's lately. The last DDC order was also done very quickly, aside from an initial delay due to Aphrodite production. I swear the store transfer took longer than the actual order.
I paid today and they said the store transfer could take up to 6 weeks... :( Here's to hoping it's sooner than that!

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

Just picked my order up, had to wait about a half hour for all the wine merchants to load up but its better than waiting six weeks to get to my local.

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

On past orders they have said the same (up to 6 weeks), but usually ends up being 1-2 weeks to get to Kitchener/Waterloo area.

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

I had them ship my DDC order to a different LCBO, and they said six weeks, and I asked if it would really take six weeks. They said that that was the baseline, but often it was much faster. I believe it took about 2 weeks for them to ship it, but it was only going to the Mississauga area.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I have had it take 6 weeks to get beer up to Richmond Hill

Andrenaline

Post by Andrenaline »

xocoatl wrote:On past orders they have said the same (up to 6 weeks), but usually ends up being 1-2 weeks to get to Kitchener/Waterloo area.
I'm curious to know how much the area impacts the delivery times... If it's based on proximity, it'll be a 6 week wait for me because I'm all the way in Thunder Bay! :x

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

icemachine wrote:I have had it take 6 weeks to get beer up to Richmond Hill
they actually shipped to RH?!? i was told they didn't ship within the GTA so markham was out and have always gone down and picked my orders up since. the speed of having it right away is nice, but their hours are not exactly convenient...

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

grub wrote:
icemachine wrote:I have had it take 6 weeks to get beer up to Richmond Hill
they actually shipped to RH?!? i was told they didn't ship within the GTA so markham was out and have always gone down and picked my orders up since. the speed of having it right away is nice, but their hours are not exactly convenient...
R&R seem to be able to get stuff delivered to my local, no one else though

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Gahh. Never picking up an order first thing in the morning again. Waited over an hour to get my 2 cases. Going back to midday and the 'short' 20 minute waits