Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

CONSIGNMENT ORDER

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

CONSIGNMENT ORDER

Post by esprit »

Don't have pricing yet but we're bringing in an order of Liefmans Goudenband (20 x 375ml) and Saison Dupont (24 x 330ml). Supplies are limited and it's first come, first served. Prices will be competitive and well worth the drive to Buffalo. It will be about 4-6 weeks so let me know if you want to reserve any. Please contact me at espritagencies@sympatico.ca. No deposit...no forms...easy peasy.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I'll be happy to either get in on or initiate an order of Saison Dupont. Drop me a message if interested.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

I already PMed sprague about sainson dupont, but if anyone wants some goudenband, let me know.
i only want 2 bottles.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I'm not doing much trading, but I love the Goudenband. If anyone that's picking it up is looking for some BC brews, let me know.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Derek wrote:I'm not doing much trading, but I love the Goudenband. If anyone that's picking it up is looking for some BC brews, let me know.
Hey Derek - should be getting a case so I can hook you up.

BrausBackinTown

Post by BrausBackinTown »

I'd be happy to take 8 off someone in Toronto/East York's hands, if anybody finds 24 to be too many.

BrausBackinTown

Post by BrausBackinTown »

BrausBackinTown wrote:I'd be happy to take 8 off someone in Toronto/East York's hands, if anybody finds 24 to be too many.
oh, and I meant the saison dupont.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Bobsy wrote:
Derek wrote:I'm not doing much trading, but I love the Goudenband. If anyone that's picking it up is looking for some BC brews, let me know.
Hey Derek - should be getting a case so I can hook you up.
I just saw this now... let me know what BC brews you're looking for!

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

I ordered a case of Dupont, but I would be happy to take any extra Goudenband if anyone wants to offload some. PM me!
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Peter, I've e-mailed you twice regarding your Lindeman's Gueuze Cuvee Renee. Maybe I'm ending up in your spam folder or something.

Can you check for it and get back to me?

Cheers,

Andrew

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Andicus wrote:Peter, I've e-mailed you twice regarding your Lindeman's Gueuze Cuvee Renee. Maybe I'm ending up in your spam folder or something.

Can you check for it and get back to me?

Cheers,

Andrew
What??? You didn't get THIS email from him?

From Esprit email mailing list:

"A customer contacted me today and has prompted me to write this e-mail to all of you. Many of you have dealt with me for years and know the system. Many of you have not. We take reservations on most of our popular beers which tend to be Trappists. We do not know when they will arrive. The LCBO does not share this information with us. We take reservations and as soon as the product is available, we contact our customers on the waiting list. Far too many people book appointments to pick up from our house and then cancel or just don’t show up while we try to schedule around them and we receive hundreds of e-mail each month from consumers asking about the status of their order and I cannot give them much information. When it’s here, I contact you…if you don’t here from me it’s not here. My business cannot function with the volume of inquiries we receive so I implore you all to book an order and not contact me again until I tell you that your beer is available. I know this sounds like a rant but I hope some of you can appreciate that if there is no communication, there is nothing to communicate. We are a small company and don’t have the resources to communicate on a daily basis with everyone who placed an order for 1 case. If this persists we’ll just drop our consumer business because dealing with bars and restaurants involves much less hassle and 10 times the volume."
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

OMG, not hundreds of e-mails a month from consumers wanting to know about products, services and orders! It's almost like they are running a buisiness or something. :roll:

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

I know, shocking right??
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Did anyone pick any cases up from this yet? If anyone wants to part with some Dupont or the Goudenband I would be up for some bottles.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

_sloth

Post by _sloth »

Garthicus wrote: I know this sounds like a rant but I hope some of you can appreciate that if there is no communication, there is nothing to communicate. We are a small company and don’t have the resources to communicate on a daily basis with everyone who placed an order for 1 case. If this persists we’ll just drop our consumer business because dealing with bars and restaurants involves much less hassle and 10 times the volume."
I don't know why these Ontario importers are so afraid of technology. Build a functioning website that you can actually keep up to date and it will take care of a lot of communication. Everyone sends out emails and spreadsheets and are generally pretty horrible at keeping people informed. How hard is it to keep a running list of available products and status of orders that is online and accessible? You can find simple solutions to automate notifications to customers when orders are in. I can see how it would be annoying being bombarded with questions about orders but that's just a part of doing business. Come up with a solution for it! I would buy a lot more beer if it didn't seem like I was a burden to these people. Maybe esprit should drop their consumer business considering he hates his customers so much that he continuously has to rant about them.