Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

DE DOLLE BROUWERIJ (THE MAD BREWERS)

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

DE DOLLE BROUWERIJ (THE MAD BREWERS)

Post by esprit »

We have small quantities of the De Dolle Oerbier and Arabier available for out of town transfer or pick up in Toronto. Prices per case of 20 x 330ml are $99.00 and $94.00 respectively. If interested, contact us at espritagencies@sympatico.ca:

Oerbier

Oerbier means original, from the source. This beer was brewed in small scale (5 gallons) at home in a copper wash kettle, by two brothers who were students at the time. They took over an old brewery which was out of business and said: "If we don't bring the brewery back to life, nobody will!". It was also a unique opportunity to create some interesting brews, so why not try it? Therefore we went ahead. We did the main work ourselves and kept the scale of the brewery as it was. Since then, the brewery and its beers have been an inspiration for a lot of brewers. Oerbier is brewed from all different malts, Poperinge Golding hops in flowers and a special yeast which makes it a little tart, especially with aging. At the brewery we have excellent cellars which have a constant temperature of 8°C allowing Oerbier to age at its best.

Arabier

Arabier is a pure malt beer 8% alc./vol. brewed with flower Nugget-hops from Poperinge. It has a special dry-hopped taste and aroma so appreciated by beer lovers all over the world. It is one of the two main beers from De Dolle Brouwers throughout the year. Aging time is limited due to the fact that hop bitterness declines with time. Store Arabier in a cool, dark place and serve at 10°C. Cheers!

Peter Lopaty
ESPRIT AGENCIES
211 Fairview Ave.
Toronto, ON
CANADA M6P 3A6
tel 416-762-4133
fax 647-439-0821
espritagencies@sympatico.ca

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Anybody in Ottawa interested in splitting a case of each? PM me.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I'd take a bottle or three of the Oerbier if anyone in Toronto is getting some. Cheers!

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

JerCraigs wrote:I'd take a bottle or three of the Oerbier if anyone in Toronto is getting some. Cheers!
dude.....
1-3 bottles?

COME ON!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

For a variety of reasons (some legitimate and some silly) that I don't feel like posting in a public forum I don't feel like getting a ton of these right now but it is a nice beer, so I'd be willing to take a bottle or three of the Oerbier (maybe four!) if anyone in Toronto is getting some and that makes them able to get up to a full case. Cheers!

Is that post more to your liking atomeyes? I assume you're ordering at least 3 cases right? Bloody hell

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

JerCraigs wrote:For a variety of reasons (some legitimate and some silly) that I don't feel like posting in a public forum I don't feel like getting a ton of these right now but it is a nice beer, so I'd be willing to take a bottle or three of the Oerbier (maybe four!) if anyone in Toronto is getting some and that makes them able to get up to a full case. Cheers!

Is that post more to your liking atomeyes? I assume you're ordering at least 3 cases right? Bloody hell
still have half a case in the basement and splitting another half a case, actually.

HogTownHarry

Post by HogTownHarry »

You are pretty much the perfect example of why I never post here. A class act all the way, atomeyes.

Wait, I don't think that's spelled with a "CL" at front ...
"Drinking removes warts and pimples. Not from me. But from those I look at." - Jackie Gleason

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

I would be good for 3 - 4 bottles of each if anyone in Toronto is getting a case.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

HogTownHarry wrote:You are pretty much the perfect example of why I never post here. A class act all the way, atomeyes.

Yup
Fuckin' magnets... How do they work?

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

viggo wrote:
HogTownHarry wrote:You are pretty much the perfect example of why I never post here. A class act all the way, atomeyes.

Yup
so, just to check...

i make an Arrested Development reference and 3 of you guys get upset and no longer post on here - including one poster who has "fuck" in his sig.

didn't realize me or that show had that much of an impact on web traffic.

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

atomeyes wrote:
viggo wrote:

Yup
so, just to check...

i make an Arrested Development reference and 3 of you guys get upset and no longer post on here - including one poster who has "fuck" in his sig.

Don't flatter yourself bud
Fuckin' magnets... How do they work?

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

viggo wrote:
atomeyes wrote:
viggo wrote: Yup
so, just to check...

Don't flatter yourself bud
Threads that go sour always end up discussing bud :)

De Dolle is a beer you love to drink, then it takes you a while to get over the diabetic shock :)

That being said, if anyone in Ottawa wants to split a case, let me know, I'll piggy back on your order.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Ian, did you not see cfrancis' post earlier in the thread...you're both in Ottawa and you both want to split cases????

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Ian and Chad, I'll kick in on a split of each case if you guys want. I really only want a few of each, but will kick in for a much larger split if that's what it takes.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

rejtable wrote:Ian and Chad, I'll kick in on a split of each case if you guys want. I really only want a few of each, but will kick in for a much larger split if that's what it takes.
Just e-mailed Peter.