Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

How to place private orders?

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cadbury102

How to place private orders?

Post by Cadbury102 »

Hello all. I'm new here, but I've been lurking for close to a year. It's a great community that I'm happy to be a part of now.

Would anyone be willing to explain how to complete a private order and where it gets done? I'm aware of keep6imports, but that's about it. I've seen some people have ordered some amazing beers and am curious/interested in doing the same.

Any amount of help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

You can do private orders through an importer (e.g. Keep6, roland and Russel, Esprit, Premier, others) or through the LCBO directly (http://www.lcbo.com/programs_services/p ... ring.shtml) for breweries that are not already represented in Ontario.

Others have done it, but the few times I asked for quotes from the LCBO I found them to be cost prohibitive (shipping is expensive for a few cases vs a palate) or the minimum order was too high (often set by the brewery not the LCBO).

Ordering through an importer will generally get you a better deal since the costs are spread out over a larger amount of beer. They can only sell you a full case though, which is why you may see threads on Bartowel looking to split cases.