Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Freigeist Bierkultur Private Order

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Keep6 Imports

Freigeist Bierkultur Private Order

Post by Keep6 Imports »

Hi Everyone,

It is our pleasure to announce the most recent addition to the Keep6 Imports portfolio, Freigeist Bierkultur.

Freigeist is the experimental offshoots of Cologne’s revolutionary small brewery, Braustelle. Brewers Peter Esser and Sebastian Sauer strive to break the chains of the modern mainstream brewing industry by reviving, and updating, Germany’s unique, historical beer styles, many of which disappeared only a few decades ago.
At a time when the global beer revolution seemed to have been passing Germany by, Freigeist’s edgy, challenging-yet-balanced and drinkable interpretations have helped re-establish the country as a major force in brewing. Recently they have collaborated with renowned breweries such as Pizza Port, Nøgne Ø, Wood Four and Coronado.

We are currently offering the following three brands through private order (explained below). Kindly let me know via e-mail (tomas@keep6imports.com) if your interested by Tuesday, April 1st, 2014. We are expecting this order to arrive by end of May, early June.

Freigeist Geisterzug Gose

German Sour Gose With Coriander, Salt & Spruce (5.0%)
12 x 500mL / $67.00*
Shelf Life = 1.5 Years
92 / 100 on Ratebeer.com

Based on a recipe dating back at least six hundred years, this is Freigeist’s quirky version of the nearly-extinct traditional sour beer of Leipzig. “Geisterzug” (“Ghost Train”) spruced gose is unusually complex, funky, and full-bodied, the perfect modern-day medieval German ale.

Freigeist Ottekolong

Unfiltered Kolsch (4.8%)
12 x 500mL / $63.00*
Shelf Life = 9 Months
99 / 100 on Ratebeer.com

Rich, hoppy, and complex, Ottekolong (“Eau de Cologne”) Kölsch is a traditional version of the city’s local specialty. Ironically, this peerless quaffing ale, scandalously unfiltered and extra-hopped, is too traditional to be accepted as a “legal” Kölsch. We think it’s the best beer in town, frankly.

Freigeist Hoppeditz

Doppelsticke Alt (7.5%)
12 x 500mL / $69.00*
Shelf Life = 1.5 Years
91/100 on Ratebeer.com

Named after the traditional burning puppet at Düsseldorf’s Karneval, Hoppeditz is a subtly smoked, extra-hoppy version of the city’s classic “Special Old Ale” style. More complex than anything you’ll find in the pubs of the beautiful city on the Rhine, and (ach du lieber!) created in rival Cologne, but for the connoisseur, every bit as enjoyable.

* Prices listed above are approximate final costs. May fluctuate slightly depending on shipping rates.

What Is A Private Order?

An LCBO private order is essentially a pre-order. These products are available for purchase through our agency and are sold before leaving the brewery. We typically do private orders for all our international breweries. Beers are exclusively available for licensee's and private customers.

KEEP6 IMPORTS
Imported Goods

http://keep6imports.com
info@keep6imports.com
@keep6imports on Twitter

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Ottawa folk

I'm ordering a case of each. Mostly because I love the alt and kolsch style. Would be willing to part with some bottles or convince me to order more.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

If anyone in Toronto will be ordering the gose and the kolsch but doesn't want whole cases, I'd be interested in a couple of bottles of the gose and about half of the kolsch.
lister

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

cfrancis wrote:Ottawa folk

I'm ordering a case of each. Mostly because I love the alt and kolsch style. Would be willing to part with some bottles or convince me to order more.
I would like 2 of each please.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

If anyone wants to order in Toronto area I would take half a case each.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I'll take a few bottles of the Gose and Alt if anyone is splitting cases, but can't organize this one
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Anyone in GTA who needsd to fill a case I'll take a few of:
German Sour Gose With Coriander, Salt & Spruce (5.0%)

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

HA! HA! HA! Says volumes about the LCBO private ordering process when no one wants to be the primary purchaser. :lol:

The biggest obstacle is having to pick up from the LCBO office at Queen's Quay during business hours. Why they let picking up privately/online ordered single bottles of wine at your selected LCBO and not beer is beyond me...
lister

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

lister wrote:HA! HA! HA! Says volumes about the LCBO private ordering process when no one wants to be the primary purchaser. :lol:

The biggest obstacle is having to pick up from the LCBO office at Queen's Quay during business hours. Why they let picking up privately/online ordered single bottles of wine at your selected LCBO and not beer is beyond me...
You can select an LCBO to have the product shipped it just takes a few weeks longer. Not sure with this order but in the past I've also picked up directly from K6 when purchased the 25th Anniversary Sour Blend

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

TheBeeraholic wrote:You can select an LCBO to have the product shipped it just takes a few weeks longer. Not sure with this order but in the past I've also picked up directly from K6 when purchased the 25th Anniversary Sour Blend
only if you're outside the GTA. from markham I still need to drive in and get it, which is always a huge pain and 50% of the reason I rarely do private orders.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

grub wrote:only if you're outside the GTA. from markham I still need to drive in and get it, which is always a huge pain and 50% of the reason I rarely do private orders.
I live and work downtown and have a fairly flexible schedule but it's still a pain in the ass for me. I've done it a few times including an idiotic return process. Coming down from Markham during business hours would suck. That is 100% of the reason why I don't do private orders any more.

If the neighbouring Queen's Quay LCBO would hold the orders that would make things a little easier as weekend or later hours pickup becomes available. I still don't understand why they can't ship it to an LCBO when they do that already for outside of GTA orders and for all wine orders. The stores can't bitch about lack of space, I mean just how many private orders happen on a regular basis?
lister

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

lister wrote:
grub wrote:only if you're outside the GTA. from markham I still need to drive in and get it, which is always a huge pain and 50% of the reason I rarely do private orders.
I live and work downtown and have a fairly flexible schedule but it's still a pain in the ass for me. I've done it a few times including an idiotic return process. Coming down from Markham during business hours would suck. That is 100% of the reason why I don't do private orders any more.

If the neighbouring Queen's Quay LCBO would hold the orders that would make things a little easier as weekend or later hours pickup becomes available. I still don't understand why they can't ship it to an LCBO when they do that already for outside of GTA orders and for all wine orders. The stores can't bitch about lack of space, I mean just how many private orders happen on a regular basis?
Plus the stores already take wine orders from auctions and the Bordeaux futures, both of which I've shipped to the one near my house. The QQ LCBO is a bit of a pain to get to too, especially if you don't have a car.

Most importers are pretty good about letting you pick up from their office instead, where they probably have better hours. But that only helps if their office is convenient for you.

I wonder what they'll do when they have to move out of that spot?

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

TheBeeraholic wrote:You can select an LCBO to have the product shipped it just takes a few weeks longer. Not sure with this order but in the past I've also picked up directly from K6 when purchased the 25th Anniversary Sour Blend
Grub beat me to the punch on the shipping thing.

By K6 do you mean the Bar Volo premises? Other than later hours, that's still not much better than the LCBO head office.
lister

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

squeaky wrote:Plus the stores already take wine orders from auctions and the Bordeaux futures, both of which I've shipped to the one near my house. The QQ LCBO is a bit of a pain to get to too, especially if you don't have a car.
Yeah I've done the Bordeaux futures thing too! 4x3 cases shipped to the King & Spadina LCBO. No, no, can't do that with beer... :evil:
I wonder what they'll do when they have to move out of that spot?
Would really suck if the same policy is kept and the head office is moved somewhere in the GTA.
lister

Keep6 Imports

Post by Keep6 Imports »

Hi Everyone,

Just to clarify some of your questions. We do not facilitate pick ups at Queens Quay specialty services for private or consignment orders. Pick ups are made by appointment (once product arrives) at our agency office in downtown Toronto. Our hours are a bit more flexible.

For residents located outside of the greater Toronto area, the LCBO offers a “store transfer” service and orders can be available for pick up at your closest LCBO retail outlet. The downside to this is it can take up to six weeks for your product to arrive. In some cases it has taken only 1-2 weeks. It all depends on where your located and how often that store purchases from the main warehouse. Although this is a more convenient option for residents outside the GTA the fastest way to acquire product from us is by pick up at our office. We do not recommend store transfers for beers with a short shelf life.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me directly tomas@keep6imports.com. We also have products regularly available for consignment if anyone is interested.
KEEP6 IMPORTS
Imported Goods

http://keep6imports.com
info@keep6imports.com
@keep6imports on Twitter