Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Ordering Cantillon through SAQ?

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Has anyone actually tried to order recently? When they had stock in Quebec three weeks ago, I was able to get two cases without having to order any other regular beers.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

nickelass wrote:Has anyone actually tried to order recently? When they had stock in Quebec three weeks ago, I was able to get two cases without having to order any other regular beers.
throwing my hat in the ring to split orders if this is the case ..

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

nickelass wrote:Has anyone actually tried to order recently? When they had stock in Quebec three weeks ago, I was able to get two cases without having to order any other regular beers.
First time order?

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Yeah first time. Bieropholie Cantillon dried up months ago. Only lambic I've seen this year has been Lindemans.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

I've gotten 3F Geuze from them as recent as late November, but that's it. I think I annoyed her so much she just let me have it. I don't read French well, but the response was something of "okay, you can order this, but you should really consider helping me out with this other stuff." Which I did....but it was Girardin and Our Beersel.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

nickelass wrote:Yeah first time. Bieropholie Cantillon dried up months ago. Only lambic I've seen this year has been Lindemans.
Its a first timer favour. Now the question you have to ask yourself, is how far are you willing to take it for more :)

Crack dealers always hook up the first few hits fo' free.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

2 cases of cantillon?

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

iguenard wrote:
nickelass wrote:Yeah first time. Bieropholie Cantillon dried up months ago. Only lambic I've seen this year has been Lindemans.
Its a first timer favour. Now the question you have to ask yourself, is how far are you willing to take it for more :)

Crack dealers always hook up the first few hits fo' free.
Yeah I asked myself that... probably won't pony up for a case of Floris Chocolate anytime soon just to get some loons ;) haha

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

spinrsx wrote:2 cases of cantillon?
i placed an order (Fantome and Cantillon). fuck, i hate dealing with Colette. She's as horrible as Esprit. pretends she doesn't speak English when i damn well know she's fluent (from past conversations). she even bitched to me once about "Monsieur Van Roy"...

she's a crook

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

I tried a few weeks ago and she said they didn't have any......even though their shitty website said they did.........

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

atomeyes wrote:
spinrsx wrote:2 cases of cantillon?
i placed an order (Fantome and Cantillon). fuck, i hate dealing with Colette. She's as horrible as Esprit. pretends she doesn't speak English when i damn well know she's fluent (from past conversations). she even bitched to me once about "Monsieur Van Roy"...

she's a crook
Esprit is terrible! Peter reserved as case of Rodenbach Grand Cru a few weeks ago and then stiffed me.

Me: Can I please reserve a case of Rodenbach Grand Cru?

Peter: Yes, you can. Would you like to pick up or a store transfer?

Me: A store transfer would be great.

Peter: You will need to pay before the order can be placed.

Me: No problem. Where should I send the money?

*Crickets*

Me: Hello Peter, any update on this?

*Crickets*

I'll be drafting a letter to my MPP with my complaints about the current retail system in Ontario.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

I dunno if this is still doable or whatnot but if anyone in the toronto area wants to split a case or something i'm in...

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I'm assuming you are talking about Cantillon.

Getting a case is possible. Although it's going to cost you.

Right now through the Quebec source, they are requiring you to buy 2 to 3 other cases of obvious lesser beers, including all fees.

It's going to run you probably avg, $300 to get 6 bottles of Cantillon and a bunch of stuff that you probably didn't want.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

cfrancis wrote:I'm assuming you are talking about Cantillon.

Right now through the Quebec source, they are requiring you to buy 2 to 3 other cases of obvious lesser beers, including all fees.

It's going to run you probably avg, $300 to get 6 bottles of Cantillon and a bunch of stuff that you probably didn't want.
oh. ew. that's too bad.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

cfrancis wrote:I'm assuming you are talking about Cantillon.

My understanding is that you don't buy 2 or 3 lesser cases along with a case of Cantillon, you have to buy 2 or 3 cases of other stuff to even get put on the list for Cantillon. Then later you probably get the case of the stuff you want. Which is a pretty big inconvenience if you have to arrange pickup from 500km away.