Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Ordering Cantillon through SAQ?

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

I'm thinking the easy days of ordering Cantillon through the SAQ is coming to an end.

Too bad I split cases with Ian. :lol:

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

anyone received any beer from the summer quebecbiere order yet?
cveerman wrote:Just put an order in for 5 cases through http://www.quebecbiere.info. I'll let you know how it plays out.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

in the summer, i had a long talk with the lady who runs that program.
she was trying to use Cantillon to leverage sales of her other beer.
i'll be surprised if anyone gets any cantillon. demand was high. Cantillon usually underships quantity. and the agency's in the drivers' seat

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

There was one seller that made you take a case of other beer if you wanted a case of Cantillon. Might be the same one.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Last availability of Foufoune, you had to buy one case of crappy belgian crap, one case from a list of 3-4 beers about to expire, one of your choice (portfolio starts at 80$ a case, roughly) and you get to BUY that case of Foufoune, with a 35$ agent fee on it.

I can't wait till she retires so I can buy up her contract with Belgium and run it my way.

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Hopefully no one bought into that garbage.

The latest is offer is almost tempting with a case of Kriek and something from Fantome...

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I'm in if someone's looking to split an order and doesn't have to take a skid of expired mediocre Belgian ales.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I bought a case of fantome the day before she came up with that "special offer"

sigh
Kekumba wrote:Hopefully no one bought into that garbage.

The latest is offer is almost tempting with a case of Kriek and something from Fantome...

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Heck, I'd be in even with the case of Belgian garbage.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

sprague11 wrote:I'm in if someone's looking to split an order and doesn't have to take a skid of expired mediocre Belgian ales.
Long gone are those days...

mtomlins

Post by mtomlins »

Craig wrote:Heck, I'd be in even with the case of Belgian garbage.
Even these days are gone. A case of Mamouche had an overhead of 3 other cases plus handler fees and as Ian mentioned Fou had an overhead of 4 other cases. That's just robbery....

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

mtomlins wrote:
Craig wrote:Heck, I'd be in even with the case of Belgian garbage.
Even these days are gone. A case of Mamouche had an overhead of 3 other cases plus handler fees and as Ian mentioned Fou had an overhead of 4 other cases. That's just robbery....
I'd probably still do it.

edit: I mean I agree and all, I'm just saying I really want a case of Cantillon.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

isn't it 5 cases of overhead now?

new rules: "Produit exceptionnel (Cantillon), quantité limitée à une caisse par client qualifié, par adresse, par année. Le client se qualifie en achetant préalablement cinq caisses de produits réguliers dans la même année."

mtomlins

Post by mtomlins »

So buy 5 cases and then they will consider selling you 1 case of Loons...if you're one of the chosen ones.... Yah, sounds legit; I can't think of any way that could go wrong :roll: .

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

mtomlins wrote:So buy 5 cases and then they will consider selling you 1 case of Loons...if you're one of the chosen ones.... Yah, sounds legit; I can't think of any way that could go wrong :roll: .
Hence my wanting to rent crackhouses for a month... adresses baby.