Ordering Cantillon through SAQ?

For all discussion relating to private or consignment orders.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

Kekumba
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:39 pm
Location: Ottawa

Postby Kekumba » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:19 pm

Interesting. Just last summer every Cantillon beer you could think of was listed as "coming soon xxx" and they fulfilled what I ordered despite never contacting me until I paid shipping (4 months later). I've ordered just as much non-Cantillon from them, I think.

That said, I won't complain if you can get Fou and LP's at L'autre Oeil in the future...
mtomlins
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:22 pm
Location: Ottawa

Postby mtomlins » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:52 am

Kekumba wrote:Interesting. Just last summer every Cantillon beer you could think of was listed as "coming soon xxx" and they fulfilled what I ordered despite never contacting me until I paid shipping (4 months later). I've ordered just as much non-Cantillon from them, I think.

Yah, I *think* that's how it goes. If it is listed as 'coming soon', you place an order, cross fingers and wait. If/when the order comes into the depot, you pay the shipping and your order is sent to your local SAQ where you pick it up and pay the case cost. As for Fou and LP's, I am not sure how much you need to buy, I guess just more than the other people who are ordering :) . I am just glad we can get the 'regular' bottles in! A couple of fun options at L'autre Oeil would also be cool.
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2228
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby spinrsx » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:36 am

Can beers be sent to *any* SAQ? I notice the offices-cru has a drop down list with only a few specific stores..
mtomlins
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:22 pm
Location: Ottawa

Postby mtomlins » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:29 am

spinrsx wrote:Can beers be sent to *any* SAQ? I notice the offices-cru has a drop down list with only a few specific stores..

No, not to any store, but there a few options in Gatineau/Hull.
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2228
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby spinrsx » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:57 am

I see the plateau location.. what are the other local choices for ottawa people?

mtomlins wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Can beers be sent to *any* SAQ? I notice the offices-cru has a drop down list with only a few specific stores..

No, not to any store, but there a few options in Gatineau/Hull.
cfrancis
Bar Fly
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:26 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby cfrancis » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:54 pm

spinrsx wrote:I see the plateau location.. what are the other local choices for ottawa people?

mtomlins wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Can beers be sent to *any* SAQ? I notice the offices-cru has a drop down list with only a few specific stores..

No, not to any store, but there a few options in Gatineau/Hull.


Plateau.
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2228
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby spinrsx » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:15 pm

so you're saying there's only 1 option

cfrancis wrote:
spinrsx wrote:I see the plateau location.. what are the other local choices for ottawa people?

mtomlins wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Can beers be sent to *any* SAQ? I notice the offices-cru has a drop down list with only a few specific stores..

No, not to any store, but there a few options in Gatineau/Hull.


Plateau.
nickelass
Bar Fly
Posts: 572
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:58 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Postby nickelass » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:28 pm

That would be it! I've ordered from different places over the last six years and that's the only pickup option.

spinrsx wrote:so you're saying there's only 1 option

cfrancis wrote:
spinrsx wrote:I see the plateau location.. what are the other local choices for ottawa people?

mtomlins wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Can beers be sent to *any* SAQ? I notice the offices-cru has a drop down list with only a few specific stores..

No, not to any store, but there a few options in Gatineau/Hull.


Plateau.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"
cfrancis
Bar Fly
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:26 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby cfrancis » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:03 pm

What difference does it make. It's an extra 5 min drive from the Casino.

I figured the only option would have been the depot off Maisoneuve.
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2228
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby spinrsx » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:28 pm

Odd that the grandcru website will allow me to order beers like Fou etc but doesn't even list the price.. "I don't care how much it is, I'll take it!" ?

Kekumba wrote:Interesting. Just last summer every Cantillon beer you could think of was listed as "coming soon xxx" and they fulfilled what I ordered despite never contacting me until I paid shipping (4 months later). I've ordered just as much non-Cantillon from them, I think.

That said, I won't complain if you can get Fou and LP's at L'autre Oeil in the future...
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2228
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby spinrsx » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:46 pm

anyone order cantillon through quebecbiere.info recently? I emailed about a possible order and the site owner replied "Cantillon NOT AVALABILE AT ALL -
No Cantillon. I must go and discuss with the brewer this coming fall."
iguenard
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Postby iguenard » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:48 pm

By the way, I told the director of the Casino SAQ he wasn't on the private order list... he's looking to get added cause apparently he is a viable location.

You can thank me when it gets done :)... with private import bottles.
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2228
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby spinrsx » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:14 pm

That would be great, but the plateau location isn't far. I doubt the saq execs will see a need for 2 pickup sites so close

iguenard wrote:By the way, I told the director of the Casino SAQ he wasn't on the private order list... he's looking to get added cause apparently he is a viable location.

You can thank me when it gets done :)... with private import bottles.
iguenard
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Postby iguenard » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:47 pm

spinrsx wrote:That would be great, but the plateau location isn't far. I doubt the saq execs will see a need for 2 pickup sites so close

iguenard wrote:By the way, I told the director of the Casino SAQ he wasn't on the private order list... he's looking to get added cause apparently he is a viable location.

You can thank me when it gets done :)... with private import bottles.


Yeah, I dont think the SAQ execs look at proximity between private beer order pickup locations?
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2228
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby spinrsx » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:50 pm

I figure they must.. all of the locations are pretty spread out. Closest one to plateau is like an hour away
iguenard wrote:
spinrsx wrote:That would be great, but the plateau location isn't far. I doubt the saq execs will see a need for 2 pickup sites so close

iguenard wrote:By the way, I told the director of the Casino SAQ he wasn't on the private order list... he's looking to get added cause apparently he is a viable location.

You can thank me when it gets done :)... with private import bottles.


Yeah, I dont think the SAQ execs look at proximity between private beer order pickup locations?

Return to “Private Ordering”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests