Ordering Cantillon through SAQ?

For all discussion relating to private or consignment orders.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

nickelass
Bar Fly
Posts: 572
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:58 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Postby nickelass » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:21 pm

Has anyone actually tried to order recently? When they had stock in Quebec three weeks ago, I was able to get two cases without having to order any other regular beers.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"
rfrf
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:55 am

Postby rfrf » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:35 pm

nickelass wrote:Has anyone actually tried to order recently? When they had stock in Quebec three weeks ago, I was able to get two cases without having to order any other regular beers.


throwing my hat in the ring to split orders if this is the case ..
iguenard
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Postby iguenard » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:40 pm

nickelass wrote:Has anyone actually tried to order recently? When they had stock in Quebec three weeks ago, I was able to get two cases without having to order any other regular beers.


First time order?
nickelass
Bar Fly
Posts: 572
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:58 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Postby nickelass » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:03 pm

Yeah first time. Bieropholie Cantillon dried up months ago. Only lambic I've seen this year has been Lindemans.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"
Kekumba
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:39 pm
Location: Ottawa

Postby Kekumba » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:04 pm

I've gotten 3F Geuze from them as recent as late November, but that's it. I think I annoyed her so much she just let me have it. I don't read French well, but the response was something of "okay, you can order this, but you should really consider helping me out with this other stuff." Which I did....but it was Girardin and Our Beersel.
iguenard
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:25 pm
Location: Ottawa
Contact:

Postby iguenard » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:18 pm

nickelass wrote:Yeah first time. Bieropholie Cantillon dried up months ago. Only lambic I've seen this year has been Lindemans.


Its a first timer favour. Now the question you have to ask yourself, is how far are you willing to take it for more :)

Crack dealers always hook up the first few hits fo' free.
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2231
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby spinrsx » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:39 pm

2 cases of cantillon?

nickelass wrote:Has anyone actually tried to order recently? When they had stock in Quebec three weeks ago, I was able to get two cases without having to order any other regular beers.
nickelass
Bar Fly
Posts: 572
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:58 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Postby nickelass » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:54 pm

iguenard wrote:
nickelass wrote:Yeah first time. Bieropholie Cantillon dried up months ago. Only lambic I've seen this year has been Lindemans.


Its a first timer favour. Now the question you have to ask yourself, is how far are you willing to take it for more :)

Crack dealers always hook up the first few hits fo' free.


Yeah I asked myself that... probably won't pony up for a case of Floris Chocolate anytime soon just to get some loons ;) haha
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"
atomeyes
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2151
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Postby atomeyes » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:23 pm

spinrsx wrote:2 cases of cantillon?

nickelass wrote:Has anyone actually tried to order recently? When they had stock in Quebec three weeks ago, I was able to get two cases without having to order any other regular beers.


i placed an order (Fantome and Cantillon). fuck, i hate dealing with Colette. She's as horrible as Esprit. pretends she doesn't speak English when i damn well know she's fluent (from past conversations). she even bitched to me once about "Monsieur Van Roy"...

she's a crook
BakaGaijin
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:41 pm
Location: Burlington

Postby BakaGaijin » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:04 pm

nickelass wrote:Has anyone actually tried to order recently? When they had stock in Quebec three weeks ago, I was able to get two cases without having to order any other regular beers.


I tried a few weeks ago and she said they didn't have any......even though their shitty website said they did.........
BakaGaijin
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:41 pm
Location: Burlington

Postby BakaGaijin » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:13 pm

atomeyes wrote:
spinrsx wrote:2 cases of cantillon?

nickelass wrote:Has anyone actually tried to order recently? When they had stock in Quebec three weeks ago, I was able to get two cases without having to order any other regular beers.


i placed an order (Fantome and Cantillon). fuck, i hate dealing with Colette. She's as horrible as Esprit. pretends she doesn't speak English when i damn well know she's fluent (from past conversations). she even bitched to me once about "Monsieur Van Roy"...

she's a crook


Esprit is terrible! Peter reserved as case of Rodenbach Grand Cru a few weeks ago and then stiffed me.

Me: Can I please reserve a case of Rodenbach Grand Cru?

Peter: Yes, you can. Would you like to pick up or a store transfer?

Me: A store transfer would be great.

Peter: You will need to pay before the order can be placed.

Me: No problem. Where should I send the money?

*Crickets*

Me: Hello Peter, any update on this?

*Crickets*

I'll be drafting a letter to my MPP with my complaints about the current retail system in Ontario.
User avatar
jeremyg
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 3:57 pm

Re: Ordering Cantillon through SAQ?

Postby jeremyg » Wed May 06, 2015 4:05 pm

I dunno if this is still doable or whatnot but if anyone in the toronto area wants to split a case or something i'm in...
cfrancis
Bar Fly
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:26 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: Ordering Cantillon through SAQ?

Postby cfrancis » Wed May 06, 2015 9:23 pm

I'm assuming you are talking about Cantillon.

Getting a case is possible. Although it's going to cost you.

Right now through the Quebec source, they are requiring you to buy 2 to 3 other cases of obvious lesser beers, including all fees.

It's going to run you probably avg, $300 to get 6 bottles of Cantillon and a bunch of stuff that you probably didn't want.
User avatar
jeremyg
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 3:57 pm

Re: Ordering Cantillon through SAQ?

Postby jeremyg » Wed May 06, 2015 9:32 pm

cfrancis wrote:I'm assuming you are talking about Cantillon.

Getting a case is possible. Although it's going to cost you.

Right now through the Quebec source, they are requiring you to buy 2 to 3 other cases of obvious lesser beers, including all fees.

It's going to run you probably avg, $300 to get 6 bottles of Cantillon and a bunch of stuff that you probably didn't want.


oh. ew. that's too bad.
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1622
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Ordering Cantillon through SAQ?

Postby Craig » Wed May 06, 2015 10:08 pm

cfrancis wrote:I'm assuming you are talking about Cantillon.

Getting a case is possible. Although it's going to cost you.

Right now through the Quebec source, they are requiring you to buy 2 to 3 other cases of obvious lesser beers, including all fees.

It's going to run you probably avg, $300 to get 6 bottles of Cantillon and a bunch of stuff that you probably didn't want.


My understanding is that you don't buy 2 or 3 lesser cases along with a case of Cantillon, you have to buy 2 or 3 cases of other stuff to even get put on the list for Cantillon. Then later you probably get the case of the stuff you want. Which is a pretty big inconvenience if you have to arrange pickup from 500km away.

Return to “Private Ordering”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest