Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

St. Ambroise Vintage 2014 - sorry - not this year

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Frere Ambroise

St. Ambroise Vintage 2014 - sorry - not this year

Post by Frere Ambroise »

Fellow BTers,

I will be heading up to Montreal this week to determine what package format I can bring in for this year's version of Vintage.

Also - I need to go through the Private Ordering process at the LCBO as an agent (new to me) to understand and to determine what their pound of flesh will be in terms of the final price.

Once established - I'll update this forum thread with more information. There is already a separate thread for the RIS - just so there won't be a mixup on the orders.

Cheers,
Barry
Last edited by Frere Ambroise on Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Great - can I suggest bringing them in 12/case so it's an easier hit on the wallet :)
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Frere Ambroise

Post by Frere Ambroise »

Sorry folks,

For a number of reasons, this is not going to happen. We tried to make this viable but logistically it became a bit of a nightmare. Most notably the cost of bringing the cases via Private Order would be way more than what Ontario consumers have experienced in the past. We just didn't want to be perceived as "gouging" to the very people who have supported us for the past 25 years. I thought of filling up my van and selling out the back but licensees would have been put in a very awkward position should they be ever challenged... we just didn't want to burn any bridges.

However, due to the LCBO receiving requests from folks who appreciate great beer like yourselves - they are considering our submissions to have the 2015 version on the store shelves for the end of this year.

Fingers crossed.
Barry

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

There is still some of these kicking around Gatineau. I will be in the GTA the weekend after Easter, briefly in the area of Summerhill LCBO and the rest of the time in Burlington. If anybody wants me to grab a couple for them or other QC goodies, I'll gladly go $4$ on Toronto beer that I can't get in Ottawa.