Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Boston

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

Got back from a nice 4 day trip to Boston and didn't really do too many beer-related things as I was with the missus and this was a surprise trip for her. But I did check out Trillium and this place blows the doors off the hype and is a full on legit top 5 ipa brewery for me.

They were releasing a new iipa on the Friday which apparently created a longer than normal line all day, but we got there at around 2pm after lunch with about 30 people in front of us. Probably waited 30 minutes total due to the single line for growlers and bottles (they normally have a bottle only line, but not when they are slammed). I purchased the three different ipas they had for sale and each one was exceptional, I'm talking hill farmstead level awesomeness here. Just smooth, citrus, hop bombs that are in perfect balance and not crazy bitter. Whatever you do, if you're near boston and they have bottles to go, make a trip there. They are about a 20 minute walk from the city centre in the sea port area, so easily accessible from anywhere in Boston.

There's a decent bottle shop next door called fort point market that had a nice selection of local stuff. Also, I may have found a diamond in the rough in the south end that is more of a liquor store with a couple of shelves of beer. Walked in while my wife was looking at a store across the street and was confronted with shelf BA firestone walkers with no limit! they just had stickee monkee and heldorado as well as some of the BA offering from clown shoes. sadly, my bag was fully loaded with hoppy goodness so i could only squeeze in two more bottles, but they guy looked at me with surprise when i asked about limits and told him how the stuff sells out in minutes in WNY. the shop is called the wine emporium on tremont street.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Any updates on Boston Bottle shops? What's the best place nowdays? (Aside from th and trillium)

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Just did a quick hit and run for the Canton Trillium location on a Sunday afternoon. What a cool spot! Retail was super quick, no line in and out. Had family waiting in the car, so I didn't get a chance to hit the taproom, but it looked awesome! Seemed to maybe be 20 of their beer on tap, and tons of space around the building to hang out and drink.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

was just at Treehouse/Trill/Nightshift this past weekend. beautiful spaces. we hit the canton trill because everyone wanted pours and to see the new space but i've heard from a few people the fort point spot is a lot more chill. the lineup at canton was nuts.

didn't hit up any bottle shops cause i blew my budget at the three breweries but ive heard Bauer bottle shop is the spot to go.

MattS

Post by MattS »

Hey folks,

I'm heading to Boston for a conference on Sunday so was hoping people might have some recommendations. Conference is in Back Bay, and I won't have a vehicle, so outlying spots like Treehouse are probably out. I have Trillium, Night Shift and Jack's Abby on the list... anywhere else (pub or brewery) that I really need to get to?

Thanks!

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

MattS wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:14 pm I'm heading to Boston for a conference on Sunday so was hoping people might have some recommendations. Conference is in Back Bay, and I won't have a vehicle, so outlying spots like Treehouse are probably out. I have Trillium, Night Shift and Jack's Abby on the list... anywhere else (pub or brewery) that I really need to get to?
Lord Hobo Seaport.

I did the Cambridge location back in the day with friends. It was like Bar Hop here in Toronto.
lister

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

Some good contributions in this thread.

I'll be in the area shortly, staying in the NW portion of the Boston Metro area. Any recommendations for beer or BBQ locations specifically? I see that there is a Tree House in Tewksbury (on a golf course that they own!).
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.