Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

ISO spots in Salzburg

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GreatCop

ISO spots in Salzburg

Post by GreatCop »

So I'm pretty sure I'm going to Salzburg for at least a couple days in August.
Anyone been there? Any must-visit bars or breweries?

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Granted this was back in 2013, I had only a day there, got hailed on (ouch!) and it was a public holiday (doh!) but there was only one place I wanted to go to http://www.dieweisse.at/de/ but it was closed.

Ratebeer mentions a bunch more places. They either presumably didn't exist then or weren't in an immediate walkable distance or I didn't find them interesting. I did scour Ratebeer for beer places for all the places we visited.

I did duck into an Irish pub during the hail & rain storm which had a Swedish English speaking bartender and I discovered Andrew Jackson Jihad's People II: The Reckoning being played while losing communications with the rest of my party due to my phone plan running out of $$$ without my knowing. Very weird day.
lister