Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Portugal

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Portugal

Post by Masterplan »

Who goes to Portugal for beer? Right?!

Well not many apparently. So beyond macro lagers Super Bock and Sagres, the pickings were slim, but a few nice options from Musa, Oitava Colina, Mean Sardine, and Letra.

In terms of beer places, craft is really few a far between. LisBeer and Delirium Cafe in Lisbon were decent options carrying a decent number of local and begian options. The cerveja museum in the main square is a total tourist trap.

fridadiego

Post by fridadiego »

I thought Cerveteca Lisboa was pretty good too especially for Portuguese microbrews which were surprisingly good.

portwood

Post by portwood »

fridadiego wrote:I thought Cerveteca Lisboa was pretty good too especially for Portuguese microbrews which were surprisingly good.
Cerveteca is arguably the best craft beer bar/bottle shop in Portugal.
https://www.cervetecalisboa.com/drinks
@markhamwhisky

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Alright, bringing this one back from the dead. I'll be visiting Portugal in June, heading from Porto to Lisbon then on to the Algarve. Possibly stopping in Coimbra and Evora in between.

So- anyone visited Portugal more recently and have any recommendations? I'll also be sure to share my thoughts once I get back!