Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Buffalo - Coca Cola Field

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Buffalo - Coca Cola Field

Post by midlife crisis »

Went to a Buffalo Bisons game here yesterday. Very pleasant experience from start to finish. The best thing, though, is without a doubt the craft beer selection.

First of all, it looks like Founders has made a deal to be one of the primary breweries in the park as a whole (i.e. not confined to a "craft beer stand"). All Day IPA in tall boys is available all over the stadium, including from the vendors in the stands. I would be ecstatic just with that at SkyDome.

But at the main Founder's stand behind home plate, the following were available on tap: All Day IPA, Solid Gold Lager, Rubaeus, Dirty Bastard (!), and Kentucky Breakfast Stout (!!). Slightly amazing for a ballpark. Due to the need to be able to walk out of there after the game, I stuck to the lower gravity beers. But these are obviously enticing options.

There is also a Craft Beer Corner, separate from (but nearby) the Founders stand behind home plate. It has about a dozen offerings, from Rohrbach, Brooklyn, Great Lakes (U.S. one of course), Big Ditch, 12 Gates and New Belgium (Fat Tire). Plus a cider. Not being a regular visitor to Western NY, there were lots I have never had.