Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Gatineau Brewpub?

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

Finally made it over last night and had a good time. The menu is still Table d'Hôte with 2 choices for starter, 7 mains, and a surprise dessert.

A few highlights for me:
- a new BdT available - Au Pied du Courant. Around 6.5%, great floral hops. I'm horrible with styles but maybe an APA or IPA? Definitely Dominique's best showing so far and very indicative of his abilities
- Mackroken Flower on tap - great pairing with the dessert
- a note on their menu saying that they expect to sell bottles from their gift shop in January (!!)
- the two guys fishing in the creek from the patio. No bites in the time we were there

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Bytowner wrote:Thanks for the update. Am I the only one that thinks the Old Mill that the NCC is desperately trying to sell would be awesometastic for a brewery or brew pub? I think it would be fantastic. If anyone has a couple million lying around I'd be happy to do the leg work. I was up at the Hill yesterday gazing west and daydreaming of happy people tossing back beers at a lovely beer garden right on the river below the beautiful old building.
Bytown has its Nostradamus.

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

Was there last night, had their IIPA and also they had DDC's Rigor Mortis on tap. IIPA was decent, slightly boozy but still managed to be a well balanced beer. Got a few dirty looks from some disapproving customers for showing up in my hiking attire, oh well.

Brews Phillips

Post by Brews Phillips »

tyler90 wrote:Got a few dirty looks from some disapproving customers for showing up in my hiking attire, oh well.
Haha. I would think that hiking gear would be the sign of a perfect, thirsty customer! :D