Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Orleans

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Lackey

New Orleans

Post by Lackey »

Obviously not the top beer destination in the world but I recently took a trip down there and had a great time. Hotels and flights from Buffalo have really tumbled since Katrina and it's still an awesome spot.

As for beer destinations, DBA, the little cousin of the great east village bar, was our hang out for the four nights we were there. Great live jazz every night and a nice tap selection - they had three Stone taps and Racer 5 when I was there. It's on Frenchman Street which is cool part of town and probably what Bourbon St. used to be.

We made a trip out to Cooter Brown's (about 30 minutes up river on the streetcar -which is in itself - a trip) and were really glad we made it. Best bottle selection in town and if you're lucky enough to be there during a Saints game (we were) then that adds to the atmosphere.

We didn't have much time to spend at The Bulldog on Magazine St. but enjoyed our time there on the patio with a bunch of dogs. Really impressive tap list.

Avoid anything in the French Quarter. There was Cresent City brewpub which is way too touristy and quite frankly sucked, Beer Fest on Bourbon which had 50 taps but like everything on Bourbon -also sucked.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Resurrecting an ancient thread!

Heading to NOLA for the first time ever this weekend. Any recommendations from the BT folks?

I've been in touch with a blogger down there so have a nice list going. Will post up findings after the trip!