Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

GPS Beer Maps

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

GPS Beer Maps

Post by Cass »

Often when I travel I like to plug in beer spots as waypoints into my GPS which I carry around with me. Maybe it's a bit nerdy, but it saves myself from looking like a tourist with a big map and I get to hit all the great places easily.

Anyway, I thought I'd share the GPS waypoint data if anyone else would like to upload to their device for future travels.

I'll keep adding over time as I go places. If anyone has done this in the past and would like to share, please let me know (cass@cecktor.com) and we'll add it to the list!

Chicago, IL

Philadelphia, PA

San Francisco, CA

Antwerpen, Belgium

Brussels, Belgium

Koln, Germany

New York, NY

Boston, MA

All files are GPX within a zip.
Last edited by Cass on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

Thanks Cass.

We are heading to San Francisco on Monday for a week. I'll compare your list against mine and note any discrepancies.

kinguy

Post by kinguy »

Thanks and great timing Cass. Heading for Philly week after next.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

That's a great idea... beermapping.com should be doing that!

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

I'm currently doing one for my October trip to Portland, OR and Idaho. As soon as I figure out how to get it off my Magellan I'll forward it on to you.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Torontoblue wrote:I'm currently doing one for my October trip to Portland, OR and Idaho. As soon as I figure out how to get it off my Magellan I'll forward it on to you.
I was in Portland last October... great time.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Derek wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:I'm currently doing one for my October trip to Portland, OR and Idaho. As soon as I figure out how to get it off my Magellan I'll forward it on to you.
I was in Portland last October... great time.
Got my GPS all sorted, really looking forward to the trip. Stopping in Sandpoint and Coure D'Alene on the way.

Just realised that my Magellan 1440 Roadmaster doesn't allow the address book to be copied, or if it can I can't find a way of doing it :-?

maple99

Post by maple99 »

Torontoblue wrote:Stopping in Sandpoint and Coure D'Alene on the way.
I go to CdA on business, so I will help you out. There are two good spots there. Moontime is a very casual restaurant with kind of an earthy vibe, best tap list in town and seriously hot waitresses. It is at the east end of the main drag, Sherman Ave. Bar de Nay is still casual but a bit spiffier, some decent taps, especially several from Deschutes IIRC. If you are into whiskey you might want to check it out because there is a craft distillery on site. It is in a newly developed area on the west side of town behind a hotel, Comfort Inn maybe. There is a brewpub in town (CdA Brewing?) but my local contacts said it wasn't good so I have not visited.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

A couple more added: Antwerpen, Brussels & Koln.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

There are so many places in New York that it would be impossible to track them all. But I've added New York to the list with what are generally considered to be the top spots in the city.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Added Boston to the list!

Lamber

Post by Lamber »

Added the Boston list to my GPS. Thanks a lot Cass, really looking forward to hitting a few of these spots.

Brad