Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Buffalo NY - what to see and explore?

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

munrets

Post by munrets »

The total sale was just over $300 and the duty was $61. I'm certain that they did not look at bottle volumes but rather just number of units. [/quote]

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

so Premier or Consumers?

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

My favorite duty paying experience has to be paying $2.00 and change on 12 bombers of ruination.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I just recently read that Dinosaur BBQ is opening up a Buffalo location in the spring of 2013. Yet another reason for a beer run to Buffalo (along with the Jays AAA team moving to Buffalo).

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Went to Premiere Gourmet today before heading to Rochester.

HOLY FUCK!!!

I don't know who said Alesmith will only be in Syracuse for now, but I just got Speedway, Old Numbskull, Wee Heavy, Grand Cru, Nut Brown, XPA, Horny Devil, and I think Anvil ESB, at this moment I don't remember if there's more or not, but I guess the intent of this message is that Alesmith is available in Buffalo.

And to think, we were gonna drive to Syracuse from Rochester tomorrow just for Alesmith.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Kish84 wrote:Went to Premiere Gourmet today before heading to Rochester.

HOLY FUCK!!!

I don't know who said Alesmith will only be in Syracuse for now, but I just got Speedway, Old Numbskull, Wee Heavy, Grand Cru, Nut Brown, XPA, Horny Devil, and I think Anvil ESB, at this moment I don't remember if there's more or not, but I guess the intent of this message is that Alesmith is available in Buffalo.

And to think, we were gonna drive to Syracuse from Rochester tomorrow just for Alesmith.
They're at Premier? I know the consumers on WSherdan has a few of them but if Alesmith's at premier that's fantastic news!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Didn't see any Alesmith when I was in PG yesterday :( Don't know if I just missed seeing it, or if they were sold out already
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

icemachine wrote:Didn't see any Alesmith when I was in PG yesterday :( Don't know if I just missed seeing it, or if they were sold out already
Went in again today on the way back home to refill my growler. The Alesmith were all still there. They're in the same area as all the Stone beers.

hopdevil

Post by hopdevil »

Stayed at the Buffalo Marriott at Millersport / Maple & the I-290 this weekend.
Paid $66+ on a Priceline Express Deal ( no bidding ).
This 3 1/2 star hotel can usually be had for a reasonable price on Priceline.

Right next door is Santora's Pizza, with a pretty good selection of craft beer, with locals being well represented. Flower Power was the star of the show. The food is very good, too.

Right across the 290, on Maple, is McGregor's with their phenomenal draught selection, served in Imperial Pint glasses.

And then, 5 minutes further down Maple, is Premier. This new store is just terrific. Picked up a few Alesmith; can't wait to try them.
For the non-beer shopping, there's the Boulevard Mall, across the street from Premier.

A very nice hotel at an affordable price, close to all the amenities. :D

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

Has anyone taken any recent trips to Consumers Beverages and/or Wegmans in Niagara (U.S.)? that would kindly share what they brought back?
My friends is in the area on Saturday, unfortunately not going to Premier, but offered to pick-up 12-24 bottles for me at Consumers and Wegmans.

Any good deals and steals to be had on micros like Stone, Founders, Smuttynose, Bells, Victory, Sierra Nevada, Brooklyn...or anything recommended. Not looking for really expensive bombers/U.K. imports - just good value American craft in bottles, cans.

Thanks!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Beer'n'gin wrote:Has anyone taken any recent trips to Consumers Beverages and/or Wegmans in Niagara (U.S.)? that would kindly share what they brought back?
My friends is in the area on Saturday, unfortunately not going to Premier, but offered to pick-up 12-24 bottles for me at Consumers and Wegmans.

Any good deals and steals to be had on micros like Stone, Founders, Smuttynose, Bells, Victory, Sierra Nevada, Brooklyn...or anything recommended. Not looking for really expensive bombers/U.K. imports - just good value American craft in bottles, cans.

Thanks!
for cheap 12 oz bottles get him to go to wegmans and grab 2 make your own 6 pack for $10

just grabbed 10 new IPAs from various breweries and 2 Goose Island bottles for $20 last weekend

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

also, comsumers does not let you split of 6 packs

rudolf

Post by rudolf »

Beer'n'gin wrote:Has anyone taken any recent trips to Consumers Beverages and/or Wegmans in Niagara (U.S.)? that would kindly share what they brought back?

Thanks!
I can't think of anything on sale, but Great Lakes, Lagunitas & Founders are all relatively inexpensive & readily available in 6 packs.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Anyone know what the closest area to the Consumers Craft Brew Stand is at Coca Cola Field. Or would it just be easier to buy tickets there and ask to be seated closer to that area?

Looking to go April 13 for baseball and beer, hopefully the first of many times this year.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

TwoPint

Post by TwoPint »

Kish84 wrote:Anyone know what the closest area to the Consumers Craft Brew Stand is at Coca Cola Field. Or would it just be easier to buy tickets there and ask to be seated closer to that area?
Last year it was at street level, a little on the first base side of home. I'm guessing that section 108 would be closest. Last year I was in 109 and it wasn't all that far to walk.