Cincinnati

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

Swordsman

Cincinnati

Postby Swordsman » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:00 am

Hi,

I'm going to be in Cincinnati this week-end for 2 fencing tournaments. I have to behave myself Thursday and Friday nights as I have tournaments the following afternoons, although a little beer will be involved.

Saturday night, I get to really explore the town. I do not want to cab anywhere and am staying downtown by the Duke Energy convention centre. I am going to check out Rock Bottom Brewery but wonder if anyone else has been to downtown Cinci and has a place for me to try.

Thanks!
Gord
A walk of a thousand miles begins with a single step
Sanchex

Postby Sanchex » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:49 am

Hey Gord,

Check out my map of Cincinnati here

I've been there a number of times for work. Here are some beer and food highlights:

Dilly Deli
- Nice place to grab a pint (good tap selection) and do some beer shopping. Have one or two casks available. Snacks are also good. A little bit of a trek from the highway.

Hyde Park
- Friendly knowledgeable staff and great but not big selection. Right off 71.

The Party Source in KY
- They had Three Floyds last time I was there. A big cooler section with single bottles. Selection and prices very good and it's easy to get to. Might not find alll the latest one-offs and special seasonals.

The Pub at Rockwood Mews
- not a great tap selection but they had Brewdog Paradox on cask

Nicholsons
- part of same chain as Rockwood Mews and also had a couple Brewdogs on tap/cask

The Comet
- I've heard good things but never went.

Jim Dandy's
- no beer but great BBQ.

Cheers!
iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Postby iguenard » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:47 pm

Jungle Jim's is by far the best store.

Not as consistently high quality as Dilly Deli Wines, but roughly 1000 kinds of ber with constent stock of Bells, Goose, Founders, Alesmith.

Three floyds no longer delivers in Ohio though.
Sanchex

Postby Sanchex » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:22 am

iguenard wrote:Jungle Jim's is by far the best store.

Not as consistently high quality as Dilly Deli Wines, but roughly 1000 kinds of ber with constent stock of Bells, Goose, Founders, Alesmith.

Three floyds no longer delivers in Ohio though.

I heard of Jungle Jim's but it was too far of a trek out to Fairfield. I'll have to check it out next time. Also, the Party Source is in KY so they carried Three Floyds at the time (Behemoth, Dreadnaught, Black Sun). That was back in April.
Swordsman

Postby Swordsman » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:40 am

Thanks for the advice. I was limited in time so could not get out of the downtown core, but ate at Rock Bottom all three days. Food is great and the beer is decent.
Nicholsons was quite nice and had a couple of pints there. Wish I could have made it back there a couple of more times.
FB's was across the street from the Milinium Hotel with free wifi and $3 Smaual Adams. That made me happy as the hotel charged for WIFI
A walk of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Return to “Local Beer Guides”