Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Louisville

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

nicktbm

Louisville

Post by nicktbm »

Planning a road trip to Louisville, and wondering about ideas for good places to visit for beers?

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Hey Nick. I've never been, and you've probably already looked at BA & RB, but if not, you might find these guides helpful:

http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/list.ph ... ort=rating

http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/FindPlac ... Louisville

Looks like both sites agree that Sergio's World Beers, Louisville Beer Store, Nachbar, and the Hurstbourne Liquor Barn are the top spots in the city. Cheers!

nicktbm

Post by nicktbm »

So Louisville has a strong beer scene and it seems to be growing!! Had very little time to get around to all the locations but hit 3 places of serious note.
1. The Louisville Beer Store-Great store in the east village area with mostly single bottle selection ranging between 300-500 selection. Very knowledgeable staff more than willing to help and chat about beer. Also 8-12 draft lines to sample some of the feature beers.

2. The Holy Grale- Newer beer bar owned by the same team at Louisville Beer Store. Great Bar with 30 taps plus a new cask system which I missed by one week. Food was good and the menu compact more snack like food (Brie and Smoked Bacon Hotdog) than a full menu.

3. Valu Market- Just down from Holy Grale is a huge Grocery store, that has a large walk in cooler with singles and 6-packs of a broad selection of Craft beers. Also they do Growlers (8-12) but weren't pouring while I was there.

All in all Louisville had a good craft beer scene with many brewpubs and other bars (Sergio's) that I couldn't make, but I'll be sure to hit them up next time