Detroit

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

DeMarco

Re: Detroit

Postby DeMarco » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:51 pm

Thats pretty awesome.
FEUO

Postby FEUO » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:16 pm

Yep. No idea on size of bottles or price so I'll hold my breath for now. But the fact that ANYTHING is here is a good sign of things to come.
jeremyg

Postby jeremyg » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:27 am

so might be heading to michigan at the end of next month and REALLY want to hit up jolly pumpkin while we're down. i noticed there's a few of their pubs, does anyone know which is the best/has best bottle shop?
admviolin

Postby admviolin » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:45 pm

I love the Ann Arbor brewpub. The food is great. The bottle shop has always been good there, but if you're in the area you might as well visit the brewery in Dexter. I haven't visited the new location, but the old one had less of a retail shop than the brewpub.
jeremyg

Postby jeremyg » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:00 am

admviolin wrote:I love the Ann Arbor brewpub. The food is great. The bottle shop has always been good there, but if you're in the area you might as well visit the brewery in Dexter. I haven't visited the new location, but the old one had less of a retail shop than the brewpub.

cool, thanks
DeMarco

Postby DeMarco » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:08 pm

Was just in Detroit for about an hour on my way to Cleveland. Jolly pumpkin is still great in an extremely gentrified area. Place was packed at 3pm on Saturday but the bar cleared out by the time I was gone. It usually has something to do with sports, but no Michigan games were being played on tv.

Hit up 8 Degrees Plato down the street. Awesome taps as they had both KBS and Odd sides Bourbon maya on. Bottles were great, though I chose to only pick one, which was hard.
FEUO

Postby FEUO » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:48 am

DeMarco wrote:Was just in Detroit for about an hour on my way to Cleveland. Jolly pumpkin is still great in an extremely gentrified area. Place was packed at 3pm on Saturday but the bar cleared out by the time I was gone. It usually has something to do with sports, but no Michigan games were being played on tv.

Hit up 8 Degrees Plato down the street. Awesome taps as they had both KBS and Odd sides Bourbon maya on. Bottles were great, though I chose to only pick one, which was hard.

Picked a great time to pass through.
The taps at 8 Degrees are usually really good with some fun surprises here and there.
jeremyg

Postby jeremyg » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:16 am

gonna be doing a job in windsor next week, was just wondering if there were any bottle shops you guys would rec near the border?

Return to “Local Beer Guides”